Nordicbet Signs Ice Hockey Legend Börje Salming

Shaun O'Neill

Affiliate Program Representative
Reaction score
NordicBet has done the signing of the season in Swedish ice hockey. When Luleå signed Niclas Wallin from San José Sharks, and Färjestad took Fredrik Sjöström from Toronto,NordicBet took it a couple of steps further – and signs ice hockey legend Börje Salming.

- When we first knew he was a free agent, we contacted him immediately, says Henrik Lengstedt, Marketing Manager at NordicBet

Börje Salming has a long and successful career on his account, with 17 seasons in NHL, 16 with Toronto Maple Leafs and one with Detroit Red Wings. He ended his active career with Swedish team AIK 92/93 season and has mainly worked with his own brand since then.

This winter he will strengthen the NordicBet team.

- We are very happy to have Börje working with us. He is one of the biggest stars in Swedish ice hockey ever, and he is really big in NHL, especially in Toronto where he is a living legend, says Lengstedt.

In the agreement with Nordicbet Börje will host a NHL trip to his old home town where some lucky winners will join him and experience the Maple Leafs with Börje as a personal guide. A walk in the ice hockey Hall of Fame will be a memory for life.

Börje will also share betting advice in one of Sweden’s largest newspaper on Thursdays and exclusively for customers at NordicBet, together with the role as an ambassador for the betting company in various contexts.

- We are making a major investment in ice hockey and we feel that Börje Salming is an excellent ambassador for us. Obviously, we think that this big competition will attract a lot of attention, both from our existing customers and new ones. The interest for NHL is ever increasing, and people that are really interested in ice hockey would jump at taking the opportunity to travel with Börje to Toronto, says Henrik Lengstedt.

Börje Salming himself looks forward to the co-operation with NordicBet and the chance to get closer to Swedish ice hockey again.

- I have seen a great presentation from NordicBet, with a major investment on Elitserien and NHL. It was an easy decision for me when I got the offer.

- I am really looking forward to the trip early next year with NordicBet and its players, and with the World Cup coming up in Sweden both in 2012 and 2013there are exciting times to talk about ice hockey. Hopefully, maybe my insights and contributions might make people win some money as well, says Börje Salming with a smile.

For more information on this collaboration, please contact:
Henrik Lengstedt, Marketing Manager at Nordicbet. phone +46 (0)761 30 77 92.