New Fourm Look Oct...

RyanWeb

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
When I posted my comment I was checking out the drop-down menu for affiliate payments. That is pretty hard on the eyes. Color scheme aside, I could get used to the rest. Your right about the main page looking more condensed.. Yeah I guess I like the layout, just not so much the color (but I wouldn't change that now, its fun and works for Halloween.. Just don't keep it any longer or I'm going to start questioning all your choices.. j/k)

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
When I posted my comment I was checking out the drop-down menu for affiliate payments. That is pretty hard on the eyes. Color scheme aside, I could get used to the rest. Your right about the main page looking more condensed.. Yeah I guess I like the layout, just not so much the color (but I wouldn't change that now, its fun and works for Halloween.. Just don't keep it any longer or I'm going to start questioning all your choices.. j/k)

ok.. can you check the 'Terms Alert' dropdown? I made some changes there and can take them to the other menus - Just want to make sure it's better :)

CygX1

Reaction score
Sorry to say, but this is killing my eyes.

By the way, what is up with that askgamblers banner on the right? I do not think they can get a whole lot of valuable traffic from this website, no? :)

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
That doesn't help anyone. If something doesn't look good - point it out so that I can take a look. There isn't much to 'kill eyes' except maybe the Halloween orange - the rest is pretty subdued.

As far as the banner - I don't know how much traffic they get from it. But AGD does have a lot of traffic, so who knows.

CygX1

Reaction score
Well, the text is just not easy to be read. For a website which is primarily focused on information I think the main content should be on white/ bright background. I see you solved the contrast issues in the drop down menu though. Nevertheless, the original AGD template is a lot better even though the spooky background picture of course looks very neat. :)

DaftDog

Reaction score
"Ag sies man." What a ghastly new look. Really sucks. Sorry but it does. Looks really amateurish. Small grey text on a dark background, orange, red and purple on dark backgrounds, yuk. Technical folk should leave website and forum designs to the professionals.

I can't take it any more, I'm outta here! Let me know when some form of sanity returns.

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
ok. Well - this forum design was done by professionals. It is a theme designed by a theme company that basically makes the best XenForo themes out there.

DaftDog

Reaction score
ok. Well - this forum design was done by professionals. It is a theme designed by a theme company that basically makes the best XenForo themes out there.

Lol - I guess that theme company screwed up badly on this one.

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
To each there own, I guess :) I like it, actually. I don't have great eyes (not bad, mind you, but getting older!)... and I can read it just fine. Doesn't strain my eyes, doesn't look bad. But either way - It will be gone after Halloween.

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh... I should also say - if this theme is REALLY not want you want to see..... Go to the bottom of the forum on the left at the top of the header where it says 'AGD Halloween' and click that'. Select 'AGD' and you will be back to normal again ;)

DaftDog

Reaction score
Oh... I should also say - if this theme is REALLY not want you want to see..... Go to the bottom of the forum on the left at the top of the header where it says 'AGD Halloween' and click that'. Select 'AGD' and you will be back to normal again ;)

Thanks for the tip, I'll use it. Your Halloween logo is great, I enjoy subtle gestures like that to celebrate holidays but this Halloween theme REALLY does go overboard. :)

RyanWeb

Reaction score

Perfect :) and that should solve the problem for anyone who wishes to use it.. I almost feel bad for starting this. I understand what you where doing and appreciate the festive spirit! Was just a bit shocking at first, but used to the theme now :)

Anyway, back to work!

edgarf76

Reaction score
FINALLY!!! :)

Seriously, though, I am thinking about keeping the theme (in general) as this is a theme with a lot of options, it's own framework, and I like the way the forum homepage looks - it is much more condensed and you don't have to scroll forever. Of course I will not use this exact theme, but the layout would be the same (providing I don't go back to the old theme).

Its a cool theme, I like it. It doesnt seem to be as user friendly. Maybe it takes time to get used to. Congrats and good luck with it.

Frank

Reaction score
I like the style.. but colour is way out... Darker colours have always been off putting for many I personally like lighter colours if I'm going to sit and read

jwilliams

Reaction score
Best design ever!) All this pumpkins, castle...Halloween is the best holiday!