New Fourm Look Oct...

RyanWeb

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
WOW...

I didn't think I was in the right place at first. It looks super cool, but the use-ability of the forum is 10x harder now! I guess we all should have given guarddog a treat... to avoid this trick.... lol jk

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
Really? What is more difficult about it? I'm curious because I have found it quite nice from a design perspective and haven't found any difficulty in usage yet.

luz

Reaction score
WOW that moon in the night! it gets you in the Halloween mood!

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
I didn't think the colors were bad at all :(

byebyebaby

Reaction score
I love this theme, love the colors, love the bigger fonts and buttons and all.
Keep this theme, even when Halloween is over !!!!!

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
I love this theme, love the colors, love the bigger fonts and buttons and all.
Keep this theme, even when Halloween is over !!!!!

FINALLY!!! :)

Seriously, though, I am thinking about keeping the theme (in general) as this is a theme with a lot of options, it's own framework, and I like the way the forum homepage looks - it is much more condensed and you don't have to scroll forever. Of course I will not use this exact theme, but the layout would be the same (providing I don't go back to the old theme).

luz

Reaction score
I think is a good idea I like too, then you just change for the season on Holidays.

nwalker

Reaction score
Colours are awful, you can't read the text, anything with a blue link is unreadable against the dark grey background and no text stands out enough to be read comfortably.

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
Colours are awful, you can't read the text, anything with a blue link is unreadable against the dark grey background and no text stands out enough to be read comfortably.

Let me know where there are blue links - I can't find them. I see the orange links, of course, but I don't see blue ones. I will fix whatever colors do not work or look good, of course.

nwalker

Reaction score
Click on the main AGD Websites link at the top.

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
Got it - thanks. Yeah, that is a custom template in there... I will have to fix it. Thanks!

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
ok, I modified that template... probably not perfect, so please let me know what colors to change.

nwalker

Reaction score
Whoa!!! Pass me my sunglasses lol. I really can't make any recommendations as my colour pallet is not very good. There must be some advice somewhere on the net about good complementary colours. What I would say is that any text needs to stand out from its background so that it is readable. You get into dangerous water when you're putting colour ontop of colour and you need to consider colour blind people. I personally never veer away from black/ dark grey on white for text. I've not found anything that works as well.
As for banners etc then i'd always choose pastels as they are softer to the eye and less distracting, you want the reader to be drawn to the text if that is the most important thing on the page.

WCD Admin

Reaction score
Other than the "spooky" font, I like it. I also like the condensed forums, larger text.

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
Whoa!!! Pass me my sunglasses lol. I really can't make any recommendations as my colour pallet is not very good. There must be some advice somewhere on the net about good complementary colours. What I would say is that any text needs to stand out from its background so that it is readable. You get into dangerous water when you're putting colour ontop of colour and you need to consider colour blind people. I personally never veer away from black/ dark grey on white for text. I've not found anything that works as well.
As for banners etc then i'd always choose pastels as they are softer to the eye and less distracting, you want the reader to be drawn to the text if that is the most important thing on the page.

No worries - i know I have to adjust that page. There is too much orange to suit my tastes also. The headers are overpowering because there are so many of them. Not sure what I will do, but it will be less 'in your face' soon :)

Other than the "spooky" font, I like it. I also like the condensed forums, larger text.

I agree. I like the theme for the most part. Some things need to be adjusted for AGD, but other than that it is laid out much more efficiently, IMO...