New Feature Coming - Auto-AM

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
We have a new feature coming soon to AGD... This feature will be very unique to any affiliate forum across all industries, so I hope it makes a huge impact.

Auto-AM
Not the best name for this, I know... But the feature will work like this:

• Specific Affiliate Managers will be notified of posts in their forum by EMAIL - A 'very small' reply would show up in the thread that the AM's were notified by email.
  • If nobody from the affiliate program responds after 24 hours, then another email goes out along with a PM (conversation). - Another 'very small' reply would show up in the thread mentioning second contact attempt.

• If nobody from the affiliate program responds after another 24 hours, an email goes out to all of their AM's (regardless of selection of which get email notifications) + the owners. - Another 'very small' reply shows up, but maybe with a red background denoting urgency.

• If nobody answers within another 24 hours, the following thing happens:
    • New Flag called 'PoorCommunications' would be set to 1 (denoting a program that is not communicating properly. This will be reflected in the next update of the forums.
    • Affiliate Program is moved from the 'Certified' section into another section called 'Certified - Poor Communication'
    • A PM/Conversation goes out to the 'Staff' at AGD.

The purpose of this new plugin is to ensure that programs are communicative. Those that are not [communicative] are not the quality we want here at AGD. If they cannot communicate with their partners, then there are obviously some larger problems with the program.

Looking forward to implementation, it is probably only about a week out.

Andy

Last edited:

Bonus Paradise

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
Thank you Andy for another great Feature here. Yes, communication is very important.

LandofOz

Reaction score
That's an awesome feature. I love it :)

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
It will be every topic in THEIR forum ;) If you are posting in their forum, they really should know about it. (IMO)

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
This plugin is now being tested. You may see posts in the forums that show a phrase similar to: 'The Affiliate Management team has been notified of the new post.'

The programmers are still working on that post to make it smaller and less obtrusive, but for now you will see how it is working here: https://www.affiliateguarddog.com/community/threads/payments.7528/.

This is not a 'test post'... it is just where it is actually working.

AussieDave

24 years & still going!
Reaction score
Agreed with everyone else, top idea!

Least now threads wont be ignored by slient AM's. Plus AGD and staff, like members, will know when a program is being slack... Which helps us all in deciding who cares about their affiliate partners and who doesn't.

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! I can't wait for it to be 100% completed and running. Getting closer.

Roulette Zeitung

Reaction score
What happened on weekend and national holidays? In some countries e.g. Israel there are 3 or 4 days national holidays nonstop. Also an affiliate program have to close their office sometimes.

Leopold

Perc

Reaction score
Along with the weekend/holiday issue, I think there needs to be an option or something for every post in those forums, like "This post requires an answer from the AM" and have it set to No as default.

Not all threads/posts in those forums require an answer.

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
Along with the weekend/holiday issue, I think there needs to be an option or something for every post in those forums, like "This post requires an answer from the AM" and have it set to No as default.

Not all threads/posts in those forums require an answer.

Yes, I'm looking into that. I preferred the auto version as most affiliates simply won't look for a 'requires answer' checkbox, I think :(

paulajardine

Reaction score
Yes, I'm looking into that. I preferred the auto version as most affiliates simply won't look for a 'requires answer' checkbox, I think :(

What about having it set on auto to send a reminder, but with a check box option that will allow the poster to not send a reminder to the AM? That way a reminder would always be sent unless the poster sees the check box and does not want/need a reply from the AM?

Perc

Reaction score

How about adding a pop-up (or page since pop-ups can be blocked), when you hit Post Reply it can ask if the post requires an answer.

Or maybe you could do something similar to the Report function for posts in those forums, where a person can report their own post as being unanswered?

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
Good ideas. Still thinking it through.