Motivation in spring time?

sipka

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
Hello guys,
I find working in front of the computer in spring time sometimes an impossible task. The weather is getting amazing, not too hot, not too cold, and I would be outside all the time, and I neglect my sites. I have also thought about to buy a mobile net and work outside in a park, but I wonder if I could concentrate on the work instead of staring at the birds and taking silly photos with the camera in macro mode LOL.

I don't know if anyone has a recipe to keep things on track, but if you do please share, I feel bad about doing anything lately outside but working on my sites inside the house lol.:)

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello guys,
I find working in front of the computer in spring time sometimes an impossible task. The weather is getting amazing, not too hot, not too cold, and I would be outside all the time, and I neglect my sites. I have also thought about to buy a mobile net and work outside in a park, but I wonder if I could concentrate on the work instead of staring at the birds and taking silly photos with the camera in macro mode LOL.

I don't know if anyone has a recipe to keep things on track, but if you do please share, I feel bad about doing anything lately outside but working on my sites inside the house lol.:)

I live in Wisconsin... we are getting snow tonight... it's not spring yet! :) haha

Seriously, though.. We have a pool in our backyard and I tried several times working on the deck (like you may see in commercials touting 'be your own boss'). It's not quite that easy, though, since the sun washes out the computer screen pretty well. I would have to put myself in complete shade just to work.

If you know of a solution, let me know! Is there some sort of computer cover that keeps the sun from washing out the display? I would order the crap out of one today!

dominique

Certification Member
Reaction score
I am going to build an "outdoor office" this spring. I am putting a Gazebo up, so I have shade, on the back side I am building a "storage bench" so I can keep some pens and paper etc out there. Also to store cushions etc. over the winter.

I'll put out a table and some comfy, soft chairs (not picked out yet, thinking of something that reclines) and use my little netbook (5 pounds, full size keyboard) and see about working there. I'll plant some grapes to overgrow the gazebo. My wireless will reach there. Right now working on a veggie garden, but this should be ready sometime in May. In mid summer it will be too hot to use, but in the spring and fall it will be lovely to be out there.

This whole thing about the "relaxing lifestyle" of an affiliate has bypassed me for 8 years of working long hours 7 days a week. Time to do something for myself.

Engineer

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This spring, I intend to spend more time outside. Last year, for whatever reason, I mostly just stayed inside and worked. This year, when the weather is nice, I'm going to take advantage of it!

Sipka -- I like taking macro photos (and regular pictures) too. I used to do quite a bit of that a few years ago, before I got into this business, and I enjoyed it. Maybe I'll get back into that this summer. :emoticon-0100-smile

Engineer

Super Moderator
Reaction score
A gazebo would be a nice place to work in the summer. I'd have one with screens to keep out the bees and mosquitoes. :rolleyes:

For the laptop sun shield, maybe you guys could use an old shoe box? If you cut away one of the long sides and then set it on top of the screen, that might work. You might need some tape or velcro to keep it in place, or you could run a rubber band or a string through the bottom of the box near where the top edge of the screen would go.

If you don't have a shoebox, then you could use this as an excuse to go shoe shopping.... ;D

Or you could buy one of these for $30.

Reaction score
I find working in spring pretty hard. I tried to sit with my laptop in the park a few times, but that's not contributing to the productivity. Right now i'm sitting inside my house again, trying to enjoy the weather from indoors....