Low Quality sites with high DA?

Discussion in 'Site / Search Engine Optimization' started by danniee, Sep 15, 2018.

danniee

danniee Affiliate Program Representative

I came across a familiar site (to me) while doing some keyword research that turned out to have a DA rank that really surprised the hell out of me. The domain name is not old, only registered less than 2 years ago. The website itself is visually a train wreck and I'm quite certain the one working on the site has no clue about seo since many factors point to that. The site doesn't rank too well otherwise.

Sure, there is a lot of text, but nothing out of the ordinary I would say. So how come this site has a DA rank of around 28? Nothing seems to suggest it has to do with link buildning either so there must be some other explaination to this.

Quite inspiring to see what can be acheived in such a short time frame with such small resources and would love to learn the secret he he.

BetReels likes this.
    petjah

petjah New Member

Why would you care about DA? It's just a metric of (SEO)Moz. Which is, in my opinion, an overvalued SEO company. Rand Fishkin with his whiteboard Friday is/was very cool but making SEO complicated like it's some kind of science is unnecessary. Also their link database is nothing compared with Majestic and Ahrefs. Yes, even the new Link explorer is way behind.

Around 2014 - 2015 i was always checking these kinds of metrics for expiring domains. You would be surprised how many people paid lots of money to get an expiring domain with a DA of 50 who happens to have only a couple of random linkpartner page links and some forum links. The TF of Majestic is much more precise but also with TF you have to be very careful because these metrics are really easy to manipulate.

Talking about links. If you really want the best of the best you should check out Linkresearchtools. They literally know all your links (even mentions) and have in my opinion the best formulas for identifying if a link is powerful or spam. But Linkresearchtools is not cheap (extremely expensive) and has a learning curve.

eton, LandofOz and BetReels like this.
    petjah

petjah New Member

Also, in the end, good rankings is all that counts. Focus on good content and powerful links. Watch your best competitors not some random competitors who has no clue what they are doing, not ranking high but happens to have a high DA. That's a waste of time.

danniee

danniee Affiliate Program Representative

People may have different opinions about Moz rank, but that's not what I'm here to discuss. I'm just curious and trying to learn about all possible aspects related to the world of seo.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
    eton

eton Affiliate Guard Dog Member

Petjah has explained it well Its just MOZ matrix mostly depending upon backlinks website have that might get down when Google bot would crawl.

pco

pco Affiliate Guard Dog Member

incoming domain redirects?