Logo with domain name incl extension

Logo with .com / .co.uk etc

• I don't care and publish it

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • I modify the logo and delete the extension

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • I don't work with programs doing this.

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

Biti

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
When I ask for a logo, some brands just want to give a logo with the complete domain incl extension. Or you're forced to use just material from the affiliate account and there's written with capitals LEOVEGAS.COM or something.

What do you think of it?

punditter

Reaction score
I think you should be able to choose any logo you want and change it to your liking.

Biti

Reaction score
A logo is part of a companies branding, and may bare a trademark, so I would not alter it to suit my personal preferences.

Good point. Lapalingo for example is using the .com logo also on their domain name.

However some not, like the Leo Vegas. At there website there's no .com, but in their banners there's a big .com.

PROFRBcom

Rakeback affiliate and professional poker player.
Reaction score
I remove the extensions in any logos we use. It doesn't apply to many sites we work with and none of them have complained. If they did, I'm not sure how I'd react.

Joonas

Certification Member
Staff member
Reaction score
There are successes in both ways, so just go with what better suits your brand.

ARZ

Reaction score
Hmm, never thinked about it that way, I am simply using official partner logos. I cannot remember when I saw .com or other extensions, it is a drop in the ocean I think.

Asmodeus

Reaction score
It always bothers me when I see the full url in the banner because, as an affiliate, I'm spending time and money to send traffic through my affiliate link, so I don't think it's fair that a visitor on my site could just type in their url in the browser and just leave without me getting anything from my efforts.

I'm not saying I won't work with them, but I won't use their banners. I prefer to hire people to create custom banners for me anyway.

AussieDave

24 years & still going!
Reaction score
Maybe with mobile being so popular these days, it's not an issue. However before mobile, when it was PC, it was all-too-easy for a potential signup, to simply type in the URL (if it appeared in the banner ad). Hence, I always remove/edit out url's.

If your promoting to UK though, you might want to check with the program first. Wouldn't want to see people editing out a url etc, to find they fall into non-compliance, and thus have their aff account closed.

I don't market to the UK - I ban UK traffic, so it's a non issue for me ;)

I won't use their banners. I prefer to hire people to create custom banners for me anyway.

You might want to run that past the aff program 1'st. A lot of aff program T&C's state you can't use custom banners!