Is Google Analytics a MUST for ranking?

hcgroup

Reaction score
Some affiliates prefer other tracking methods but is it giving harm to their rankings?

Or let me kindly ask you from the other way:

Are the sites using GA method rank better than the ones do not use?

Thanks

PROFRBcom

Rakeback affiliate and professional poker player.
Reaction score
I don't believe that is the case. I've heard from other affiliates who do not use Google Analytics and they seem to have high ranking and profitable websites.

Speaking from personal experience, I didn't have Google Analytics on my website for years and it was getting natural organic traffic from Google.

RazorGamer

AGD Member Ltd
Reaction score
I don't believe that is the case. I've heard from other affiliates who do not use Google Analytics and they seem to have high ranking and profitable websites.

Speaking from personal experience, I didn't have Google Analytics on my website for years and it was getting natural organic traffic from Google.
Hello PROFRBcom,

How are you? :)

Yes, I think that you're absolutely spot on here with what you have said. It's logical and it makes sense also. ;)

LandofOz

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
GA provides useful information for the site owner, but is not required to rank.

AussieDave

24 years & still going!
Reaction score
GMWT is must have IMO, but GA, used it for a while when it was 1'st released (many moons ago), since dropped it. Hasn't affect my SERP, so agree with others, it's not required to rank.

hcgroup

Reaction score
Thanks a lot. Same with me

GMWT is must have IMO, but GA, used it for a while when it was 1'st released (many moons ago), since dropped it. Hasn't affect my SERP, so agree with others, it's not required to rank.

baldidiot

Reaction score
Every change they've made to analytics has been for the worse. These days it's so slow and unintuitive it's almost unusable.

I'd love an analytics-lite modeled on the circa-2010 version.

hcgroup

Reaction score
Thanks a lot.

I do not use on one of my websites GA and have the best results, so I think using GA or not does not matter for ranking.

I agree with you. It is useful for GA. Not for the site :)

Jo-Ed

Reaction score
Hi, Bro for my own opinion GA doesn't guarantee that your website will be good in ranking. But I only like GA for its user-friendly environment that I think anyone can cope.

eton

Reaction score
As I know GA is only concern with tracking websites' performance but don't have to do anything with websites' ranking.

Biti

Reaction score
Nope.

Some websites ranking well are not using it.

nibnab

Reaction score
I firmly believe that GA is not required for ranking, but then again you need data in order to analyse the traffic and potential pitfalls in your content. There are other analytic tools, but I've sticked with GA as I cannot be bothered to start learning the ropes of some other analytics tool .

Reaction score
There's been a lot of debate whether Analytics affect rankings or not. I will not go in-depth on the topic but there's a good blog post you can read about the topic: https://www.seoblog.com/2016/09/analytics-affect-rankings-seo/

What GA does for SEO is giving us marketers information to draw data-driven conclusions on our SEO-strategies.

May I ask what free tool I could replace analytics with? Which also has the other functions such as Google Tag Manager and the other products in the suite?

JuegosPalacio

Reaction score
No, I does not. But it helps to improve your site since GA can give you info about the user behavior. We all want to know where the user start and where the bounce rate occur.

Also can give you data from the devices people is using while they are in your site. If you see a trend in terms of bounce rate or low pages/session for "X mobile brand", you should consider to find out if your site is loading well in "X" type of mobile.

So definitely, there are a lot of conclusions and data that you can get from GA which helps to improve your ranks. Now, there is NOT direct influence from GA in your positions on SERP.

reservedmedia

Reaction score
GA has really no bearing on ranking except that it provides great data on how to better rank your site. The additional benefit is that if you ever want to sell your site or business, you'll want years of that data to show your client.

Reaction score
GA has really no bearing on ranking except that it provides great data on how to better rank your site. The additional benefit is that if you ever want to sell your site or business, you'll want years of that data to show your client.

Now that's a valid point! I would not buy a website without GA data and my subconscious mind would see the selling Webmaster as inferior for not choosing GA.

Frank

Reaction score
There are other options to track data... though nothing as through as GA.. Do people still believe that google uses this data to rank sites?

Thomas Andreas

Reaction score
Sorry, but what is GMWT... Global Micro Wire Technologies, Ltd. lol, guess you are not referring to that

Thomas Andreas

Reaction score
A question. So I guess we can all agree (at least most of us) that Bounce rate and stay on page affect keyword ranking. So when you redesign a page or make other major changes - you are hoping that that will reducing bounce rate and increase stay on page and thus improve your keyword ranking. Right? So if you dont have GA installed and you make website changes how do you know if they have been positive or negative from a User Experience perspective?