iGB Affiliate Awards Voting, Nominations & Judging

alexpratt

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
Started this in asnwer to Aussie Dave's question re the judging of the awards in this thread here https:// www. affiliateguarddog. com/forums/igaming-business-goodness-sake-let-me-unsubscribe-t4550-p4.html

This is what he wrote

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexpratt
as of 2011 we added in an extra layer to the awards which is a judging panel of industry experts and reps
With all due respect, I don't see how that would be of any benefit.

If anything, I can only see it leading to favouritism which you, I or anyone else who has been around this industry long enough knows it exists. Our industry is incestious by nature, hence most cliques support each others agendas.

So how do you police this judging panel ensuring there is no bias?

First thing I want to say is we have no agenda with the awards, if you look at past winners some spend money with us some don't and as event we make a gross profit but once we stick the overhead it just about washes its face.....I think its important to say this as I want them to be the best that they are so am open to suggestions and constructive criticism.

So this is our 5th year and over the last five years we have developed the following system - I think its almost impossible to create an awards that are 100% foolproof but based on the feedback from last years winners I think we have it right....

:eek:.....After all AGD won ......:eek:

So the system is explaine here Voting & Judging | iGB Affiliate Awards

First step is nominations

Second step is voting (all votes are IP tracked and checked they are from an industry person - In addition every 10th vote is emailed to verify the vote

Third step is judging

I will focus on the third step as that is what you pointed out - The reason we put this step in was because we wanted to stop the "popularity vote" winning - The judges have to provide feedback on their ranking and have to use the criteria provided here They are provided with the top 10 finalists along with the nomination notes associated with those finalists, they can also request additional information if they like.
In addition we added in SEO, Conversion, site analysts, and Landing page experts that are independent to look at the affiliate sites to do a full analysis

The list of judges can be seen here Judges | iGB Affiliate Awards They all do different categories and if you saw the work they do you would see its an incredible amount of effort and analysis particulary from some of them that spend quite a few days on it and take it very seriously.

Hope that clears everything up