Hosting Recommendations

NDG

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
We need hosting recommendations for gambling sites that get 50K+ visitors per month.

We've been having a difficult week trying to get some of our sites on new hosting.

I know Site Ground accepts gambling sites, but I don't like that they base the bandwidth
on resources, and some of our sites are resource intensive which might be a problem.

jopaa

Reaction score
I have a couple of gambling websites hosted on a Bigscoots VPS. In almost 5 years I only had one major problem that was solved in few hours. They have some good prices on fully managed VPS's and the support is just awesome.

Mason Jones

Reaction score
I suggest you host them in the UK or OVH, but they only offer unmanaged servers

Host-IT also a source to look into.

Good luck! Hope you will come right.

the_dave

Reaction score
I've been using guru (.co.uk) recently and have nothing but good things to say about their service - site speed has also been improved greatly.

Caffrey

Reaction score
I am suggesting also for example OVH, good VPS pricing and even if You are not able to set up server by Yourself You can find some guys to do it for You, for exmample from fiverr or upwork. I have 2 servers in OVH, yet havent had any problems.

NDG

Reaction score
Thanks for all of the recommendations. I will keep them in mind for the future.

At the beginning of November.. Host Gator booted some of our gambling sites that were still hosted there
due to their TOS/AUP that prohibits gambling sites. What's odd is that we've hosted gambling sites there for
over 9 years, and they had told us before that it was okay to host as long as we didn't offer gambling directly.

We ended up moving them over to a VPS that we already have other sites on as a short-term solution.

jopaa

Reaction score
Just a quick update on my recommendation:

Today one of my non gambling related websites was hacked do to a plugin bug.

I sent an email to my host asking if I can have one fresh backup from 2 days ago but instead of a backup they have completely cleaned my website FOR FREE!

It's not about the money but about the excellent customer support that it is really hard to find nowadays.

I had another website that was hacked in the past (hosted elsewhere) and the provider just delete my website files to prevent further infection so ...... A+++++ for Bigscoots.