Google is so Commercial

slotplayer

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
I was searching on a kw phrase in Google.

3 paid text ads at the top and 8 paid product ads on the right.

then the organic product image results. (6 or 7 images)

below the product images were 9 organic results

then 8 more paid text ads on the right.

out of the 29 items listed on the page, 19 were paid ads.

frankcolt

Reaction score
I'm wondering about is all the PDF pages at the top of the search results - anyone else seeing this?

Bonus Paradise

Reaction score
I was searching on a kw phrase in Google.

3 paid text ads at the top and 8 paid product ads on the right.

then the organic product image results. (6 or 7 images)

below the product images were 9 organic results

then 8 more paid text ads on the right.

out of the 29 items listed on the page, 19 were paid ads.
Yup, totally agree, google is more and more commercial.
Pitty that still over 90% of people using google to search, they do not realize that google does not give them the results what they search for, Google shows you what Google wants you to find.

I'm wondering about is all the PDF pages at the top of the search results - anyone else seeing this?
Have a read in the private forums about hacking, bonustreak started an interesting thread there

xecutable

Stranger
Reaction score
Think of it nowdays as an advertising platform, that we have all been trained to log and search. They started out with bold words that a search engine driven by ads will protect the interest of the advertisers not the users, but they gave up on that pretty fast.

I wish I wasn't part of the system but I'm, we all are. Highest bidders get to show you his/her content, leaving newcomers and competition to die off fast. But that's nothing new... hasn't the world operated this way like forever?

slotplayer

Reaction score
This all started around 2012 with google first closing their affiliate program, then they went to paid inclusion in google shopping, run Adword ads or be removed of google shopping.

Frank

Reaction score
I think it depends on the niche.. and also country but I notice some data centers laden with ads whilst others just show organic results.. "USA"

AussieDave

24 years & still going!
Reaction score
Highest bidders get to show you his/her content, leaving newcomers and competition to die off fast. But that's nothing new... hasn't the world operated this way like forever?

I remember when you were a noob xecutable, back then it was easier. Now unless you have deep-pockets, it's hard to compete, not impossible but hard.

Google Is An Affiliate with their hands in nearly everything.

Had an itch I couldn't scratch, for the record... Google wont go there :D

On a serious note... If you think back to the claims Google has made over the years and transpose these over to what Google has become, it's the classic wolf in sheeps clothing.

Last edited:

xecutable

Stranger
Reaction score
I remember when you were a noob xecutable, back then it was easier. Now unless you have deep-pockets, it's hard to compete, not impossible but hard.

True. In fact that's a popular opinion. I had numerous people that also started around 2009, be like "I think we caught the last train" Ofc would never be "last" in the sense of "no more" but like you said hard close to impossible, without some hardcore dedication.

I wish google had competition, for the sake of it.

P.S I'm still a noob :D

LandofOz

Reaction score
I wish google had competition, for the sake of it.

Me too. It's sad to see how much search dominance google has, and how website owners are always at its mercy and trying to comply with everything google wants.

RyanWeb

Reaction score
Me too. It's sad to see how much search dominance google has, and how website owners are always at its mercy and trying to comply with everything google wants.
I think they have gotten to big... Like... "to big to fail" to big.. People don't much like change anymore... That or people just aren't innovative anymore.. We had Excite, Yahoo! and MySpace.. (and whatever before that... my memory doesn't go that far back lol) then came Google and Facebook and everything has stopped! Nothing new to compete with them since... Both are far from perfect and could be improved upon... I just don't see anything in the near future.

peterhanneman

Reaction score
Yes and they expect from us to not showing more ads otherwise we slapped with search engine penalties and drop with rank and traffic.

LeeRoy

Reaction score
Google Is An Affiliate with their hands in nearly everything.. Well, not nearly but exactly, everything.
Yeah you are totally right, they basically control everykind of market via the web ... Hard to compete with them!