Google December Core Update

Conft

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
https://searchengineland.com/google-december-2020-core-update-rolling-out-344333

How are people doing? Had a new site get some good ranking boosts yesterday (page 2/3 to bottom of page 1) and then return to previous positions today, while a more established site has been at #1 for a good few keywords for all of today (up from #3-4).

So not too bad when compared with May's update, but its not over yet :)

Alchemist

User-Requested Account Closure
Reaction score
Same here, a bit of a boost. On May Core Update it was the other way around.

danniee

Reaction score
I don't bother too much with these since I can do nothing about it. What worries me a bit about Google though is that their requirements for ranking might become more and more demanding and complex, leaving only those with big resources to fight in the top. That would suck so much because often it's the true enthusiasts that bring the most interesting content.

NDG

Reaction score
I don't think that this core update has finished yet. There is a lot of trash in the rankings now.

We've had some sites go up and others go down. We are basically at the same level of traffic overall.. just traffic levels changing on the web sites.

nibnab

Reaction score
I don't think that this core update has finished yet. There is a lot of trash in the rankings now.

We've had some sites go up and others go down. We are basically at the same level of traffic overall.. just traffic levels changing on the web sites.

Same here. They say, that the update rolls out during the next 2 weeks. Dunno how accurate this statement is, but so far no major hits or gains. Traffic is pretty stable across all the sites.

AidanLCFC

Reaction score
not going to talk about 2 sites as don't want to jinx anything but here's some input from a couple of other sites. First one is my new site that had never seen an update, hardly any links but the content is very good and detailed. It's been a bit weird but for some reason the homepage wouldn't show for any keywords at all for about the last 2-3 weeks but many other pages like a bookie review page were ranking really well with some on page 1 and 2, which is good with hardly any links. This has tanked, although there is a good chance it hasn't been crawled yet.
Now a 2nd site I have is a bag of shit, on an old template, about 6-7 years old, no idea if there's any links left pointing to it, all out dated content, there's still bookies like betbright and winner on it but I can't get in to edit it so it's just sitting there. I even let the ssl certificate expire so sits on http: with a warning. Somehow before it was lurking on page 6 for it's 3 word domain name, now its gone up to middle of page 3 lol

danniee

Reaction score
Whatever the heck Google is doing it’s not good. Still a bunch of useless Pinetrest (or whatever it’s called) posts ranking way too high + a bunch of hacked pages. I’d say Google is a mess.

AidanLCFC

Reaction score
Whatever the heck Google is doing it’s not good. Still a bunch of useless Pinetrest (or whatever it’s called) posts ranking way too high + a bunch of hacked pages. I’d say Google is a mess.

I'm not seeing the whole same mess as May, which did get fixed in the end so far and we have to remember this is all still rolling out

edgarf76

Reaction score
Has anyone seen any obscure movements from the big sites?

SERPS seem really messed up again. Very thin content pages ranking on some important keywords

Yep, I am still seeing that.

nibnab

Reaction score
Looks like in Germany the ones that got rewarded in May update, got a correction move on this update.
[QUOTE="bettingappguide, post: 113166, member: 10940"
SERPS seem really messed up again. Very thin content pages ranking on some important keywords[/QUOTE]
This is very much true.

Alchemist

User-Requested Account Closure
Reaction score
For our site impressions are doubled. Not ranking for new KW's only the ones that we did before the Core Update. So can't really say why this happening.