GIG Affiliates scam

nECA_BG

Reaction score
Hello,
I would like to explain how deeply disappointed I am with this company.
In short: they suspended my account with active players and never paid me!

I contacted their affiliate managers on 27th November and started promoting them then. After sending a few paying members my account was closed with more than 1680eur in it. (don't know the exact amount, because I can no longer login). I was on revenue share reward.

On 18th December they suspended my account with the following email:

Hello,

Due to the breach of our terms and conditions we have decided to shut down your account with immediate effect.

Pop-unders are a strict violation against our terms and conditions.

Regards,
Kim Hansson

First of all I have never ever sent them a single pop! After explaining this to them they couldn't believe that so I sent them a list with all my websites (a few thousand sites). I was honest and explained how I generate traffic on day 1.

What they do now is just ignore me and do not reply to my emails and messages in skype. I'm working with many big brands but this is the first time something like that happens to me... I'm really shocked.

P.S.
I have proof for everything, so if admins want to see emails and skype messages, just let me know, I will gladly provide.

CygX1

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
Why do they assume you were sending them traffic from pop-unders? Unless they have proof for this and you told them how you generate traffic when you signed up your account, they should pay.

nECA_BG

Reaction score
Hello,
they assumed this because of the volume of my clicks. I have sent them a full list of my websites and they verified them.
I want to upload a screenshot from my account but I'm not allowed to post links yet.
I have proof for everything I say and they know it but they just ignore my emails and chats.

CygX1

Reaction score
If you have that many domains it sounds like you were aiming for typos. Nevertheless, if you told them about the true origin of your traffic and they initially agreed to it in writing, the case should be clear unless other terms were violated. GIG are accredited here so we should get some clarity on what happened.

nECA_BG

Reaction score
Hello CygX1,
I have all the chat messages with their AM, as well the emails. I can show screenshots or whatever needed. I always explain the origin of my traffic in advance, before I even send a single visitor. MY AM agreed. I asked my AM to test the traffic for a week and after more than 20 days they just suspended my account without a single word from them. I had to beg them to respond.

I feel scammed because they just banned my account accusing me of sending POP traffic which is a lie! I showed them a solid proof with a full list of my sites... and nothing changed.

It's not about the money in this case, I will just go anywhere with my traffic and will make money, that's not a problem but such thing is happening for first time with any network.

They never told me what terms I violated, they just keep ignoring me!

CygX1

Reaction score
As I said, I believe you should get paid if what you say is right and they agreed to accept your source of traffic. However, without hearing both sides of the story it is impossible to draw a conclusion.

Biti

Reaction score
I would send them a formal letter with the request to let you enter your account and pay for your traffic as agreed.

nECA_BG

Reaction score
Hello Kadabra,
I don't want to trash anyone on the forum. As you can see this is my first thread in the forum. As I already said this my first time that I'm having an issue with a program - and I'm working with several big ones which are paying like clockwise.
I'm not used to do business like that - we agreed on something, I told them "let's test the traffic for a week" so we can decide whether we both want to continue work. Instead of coming to me and explaining their concerns they just suspend the account without any chance for me to explain that the traffic was NOT pop ups. It was 100% SEO traffic as we agreed.
After I showed them solid proof with a full list of my sites, they said the will NOT restore my account.
I tried to talk to them multiple times and nothing happened, all they do is ignore. It's been locked since 18th December. They told me that my account will not be restored. What's the point of waiting 2-3 weeks? So you can understand my confusion - we agreed on something and they I asked multiple times what will happen with the players that I sent them but no answer so far. I still need to know which terms and conditions I breached.

nECA_BG

Reaction score
Hello CygX1,
I have screenshots of the skype chats and emails and I can post here for you to see our agreement, however I'm not allowed to post any links yet. If admins let me post images/links I will gladly show them.

AussieDave

24 years & still going!
Reaction score
Personally, I don't like GIG, for the fact they hold conflicts of interest. However besides my distaste for the way they choose to do business, the OP's case is, to the best of my knowledge, the 1'st time I've heard of GIG terminating an affiliate account, especially a revenue share agreement.

Playing the Devil's Advocate, I couldn't see GIG terminating an account for no reason. So to inject some food for thought, I think we need to keep an open mind on both accounts here, least until a GIG rep can give their side of the story, and we can also view the OP's "proof".

nECA_BG

Reaction score
Hello AussieDave,
thank you for your reply.
My proof is the screenshots of chats and emails that I have received, I don't have a written contract if that's what you mean. I never have written a contract with any brand and never had a similar issue so far.

CygX1

Reaction score
@nECA_BG Give it a few days until someone from the affiliate program will hopefully address the issue here. There is no need to provide any proof at this point.

nECA_BG

Reaction score
Yesterday my AM contacted me and agreed to re-open my account and pay my commission. Thanks all for your time I wish there won't be any more issues.

RazorGamer

AGD Member Ltd
Reaction score
Yesterday my AM contacted me and agreed to re-open my account and pay my commission. Thanks all for your time I wish there won't be any more issues.
That's really great news! I'm very happy for you :)

nECA_BG

Reaction score
First they thought my traffic is pop-up so this made them to close it. After I showed them proof they didn't want to re-open it. A few days ago they contacted me and said will re-open and I can keep the current players and not acquire new ones. Works for me. Thanks all for your support! Have a great 2018! :)

RazorGamer

AGD Member Ltd
Reaction score
First they thought my traffic is pop-up so this made them to close it. After I showed them proof they didn't want to re-open it. A few days ago they contacted me and said will re-open and I can keep the current players and not acquire new ones. Works for me. Thanks all for your support! Have a great 2018! :)
That's really great news! I'm so happy for you! :)

Have a great 2018 also! :)