Forum Monitoring Idea

AussieDave

24 years & still going!
Reaction score
Albeit vBulletin was great software in its day but I like the new look and the forum too software. It's a pity vBulletin has been dragging their feet for so long.
I'm sure plenty of other subscribers will be jumping ship.

I do have one suggest which I think would help foster a community spirit. It's rather frustrating to make a post at one of the affiliate forums and wait literally days if not a week or more for a reply. I'm aware the last sytem emailed the AM but even when that happens, it does not automatically mean they'll respond. I've seen a few posts go completely unaswered (err ignored).

Personally if I have an affiliate issues, then I try to resolve it with my AM via email. However when that doesn't work or the problem keeps reocurring, then I commence a thread here at AGD.

I understand the forum per se is not heavily monitored (Admin's/Mods do have a life). Though in example above even if it's a small post to say, hey did you get this sort? or something, will let members know that their threads/posts are not going unoticed and if any attention is need for an issue, it will be given.

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
Great idea.. I moved it to it's own thread where it should be. I will brainstorm this one for sure. Right now I try to email the AM or the higher ups when I see this happen, but admittedly I don't always get to it.

I typically have the AM's linked to their forum and many times I have multiple AM's. Maybe what I will do is create some sort of hierarchy where it:

* Emails the AM
* Emails the second AM in the chain
* Emails the ownership
* If no response from their team within a specified amount of time, their forum gets moved to some lower section (not sure?)

Anyway.. gotta brainstorm this, but would be a great addition.