Forum issues

Engineer

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just so everyone knows, Andy is aware of the recent problems with the forum database. The server team fixed the crashed tables a while ago, and if it happens again, they will fix it again.

AussieDave

24 years & still going!
Reaction score
Had some issues with posting about 30 or so minutes ago. The forum was operational at that time. Also with adding a quote. Produced db error. Tried it a few secs later and was fine. But there's also a delay/lag present in posting.

DaftDog

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
Why was my post deleted? So much for free speech. :)

"I'm glad you're back. Three days seems to be more than the usual week-end outage."

That's about what I wrote in my previous post that was deleted. If that offends anybody please have the guts to let me know personally.

Last edited:

Engineer

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well, it wasn't me -- I only delete spam. Maybe the hosting company was trying to fix some corrupted tables and lost your post in the process -- I don't know.

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
Nobody deleted anything. I am the only one with access to truly delete something and I just got back into the office.

**EDIT** And I don't delete shit unless it is spam. You can ask a lot of angry people (especially programs)... :)

AussieDave

24 years & still going!
Reaction score
**EDIT** And I don't delete shit unless it is spam. You can ask a lot of angry people (especially programs)... :)

I can attest that. Andy et al only delete spam. Sometimes they move stuff, and sometimes they'll edit a post, but I've never seen anything deleted, ever. Even the occasional post(s) where I get a bit too passionate (heated) about a topic, even those have never been touched.

@DaftDog - my guess your post got corupted in the DB issues :)

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
That would be my guess also. Appears to have been some sort of DDOS (or similar) attack. My host, for the very first time, has been very unhelpful.

DaftDog

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
Nobody deleted anything. I am the only one with access to truly delete something and I just got back into the office.

Accept my apologies then, it must have been the gremlins that were running riot. :)

I'm sure you didn't really intend to call my post "shit". ;)

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
lol -no, not at all. ha ha ha