Facebook suggestions

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
Daily I get tons of people 'suggesting I like' something. It must be a way for people to promote themselves, I assume? What does this do for the person?

To me... it's an annoyance and I do not 'like' anything that is suggested, ever. So - does this actually work for people??

Engineer

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, I get those, too. If it's someone I like, I might follow their fan page, but I ignore a lot of them, too.

I also wonder how well these pages attract targeted visitors. Has anyone here had good success with this method?

Renee

Affiliate Program Representative
Reaction score
Before "liking" anything I would suggest to read the Facebook ToS.

CaseyM

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
As soon as you like a page from then on the page updates appear on your newsfeed, I know of poker affs who use this method only to promote and dont even have their own sites, it does bring some traffic but like any spammy method its far from ideal, also its easy for others to report fb pages and once your page is removed there isnt that much you can do about it

Renee

Reaction score
Most "pages" allow the owner of the page to get your email address, even if you have that set to private in your privacy settings.

I would suggest that this is how a lot of people get spam to addresses they never use anywhere.

greek39

Reaction score
Most "pages" allow the owner of the page to get your email address, even if you have that set to private in your privacy settings.

I would suggest that this is how a lot of people get spam to addresses they never use anywhere.

Facebook in regards to email addresses. If you would like no one to see it under privacy settings set to "me only". The hard part is finding this option.

greek39

Baccarat

Reaction score
I find facebook very time consuming

I agree but once you get the die-hard cult followers, the hardwork will pay off. I haven't made a page on facebook yet but I do plan on doing it later. I know this because I am a die-hard fan of a # of facebook pages. The fans you will have can grow exponentially.

Renee

Reaction score
Facebook in regards to email addresses. If you would like no one to see it under privacy settings set to "me only". The hard part is finding this option.

greek39

The problem is that even if you have it set to "only me", these pages have terms that allow them access to your email address..
Read the terms before you like or join anything.