Facebook and vBulletin

Would you use the Facebook Add-in at a forum you DON'T have an account for?

• Yes

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 5 83.3%

• Total voters

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

A couple weeks ago I came across a Facebook addon to vBulletin. I have since seen it implemented in 1 other forum, but haven't really 'pulled the trigger' to implement it here.

If you were NOT already a member of AGD, would you login using your Facebook account?

Here is how it works:

You could sign in with your Facebook account to the forum. When someone replies to a thread you've subscribed to or if you've received a PM, you would get a Facebook notification. You would get a news-feed / wall post when someone replies to your thread or if you create a new thread. Lastly, if you have friends from Facebook at AGD, they will automatically become your friends at AGD.

That's about it

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
Although there aren't a lot of votes on this one, it certainly is leaning towards don't worry about installing this one :)

I am not a Facebook guru, so didn't see the importance of it myself. I wonder if there is a generation of younger folks that prefer logging in all over the net with a Facebook ID? I am in my 30's, so might be quite a bit beyond that generation.

I hope a few of you younger folks come in and let me know your thoughts!

dominique

Certification Member
Reaction score

cowboy

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
I don't think I'd like that - sometimes the privacy issues with Facebook are uncomfortable.

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
I've taken a look at OpenSocial in the past and just took another look. Seems to be at about the same state of development. Might be good in another 6 months or so, but not sure I would want to create a whole platform from scratch :)

Cowboy said:
I don't think I'd like that - sometimes the privacy issues with Facebook are uncomfortable.

I agree with that. I'm not sure how this add-on would affect privacy, but it doesn't seem to be a need at the moment. I'll leave it as a though, but not an installed plug-in.