Ecocard Restricts Countries

NDG

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
We have been directed by Mastercard to cease issuance and support of any cards outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). As a result of that decision, we are sorry to inform you that on August 6, 2018 we will have to permanently cancel your ecoCard(s) and/or ecoVirtualcard(s).

This is bad news for affiliates outside of Europe, but at least they are giving
non-EU affiliates.. a couple of months notice before the cards are terminated.

AussieDave

24 years & still going!
Reaction score

Vargoso

Reaction score
In the last months services like Skrill or Neteller re-activated their card services for countries like Argentina or even Russia, this was kind of hope for me living in Colombia but it seems it was just a little bit of luck for those countries :(

TheGooner

Reaction score
In the last months services like Skrill or Neteller re-activated their card services for countries like Argentina or even Russia
Really? I'll have to look into that.

EDIT :
Not really. They half suggest at one part that it might be happen and at other places explicitly still state for SEPA zone countries.

As of July 2015, SEPA consists of the 28 member states of the European Union, the four member states of the European Free Trade Association (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland), Monaco and San Marino.

Last edited:

Vargoso

Reaction score
Really? I'll have to look into that.

EDIT :
Not really. They half suggest at one part that it might be happen and at other places explicitly still state for SEPA zone countries.

As of July 2015, SEPA consists of the 28 member states of the European Union, the four member states of the European Free Trade Association (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland), Monaco and San Marino.

At least I know for sure last year (I'm talking like 6 months ago) Neteller re-started to send Neteller+ cards to Argentina, some of my colleagues requested it. Maybe it stopped working.