Dusqus

edgarf76

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
Whats up everybody. I am curious if anyone has used Disqus for their site to get readers engage. I have been seeing a site use Discus and it seems to keep people engaged and also allows good moderation. Are there any positive or negatives to this for seo?

Frank

Reaction score
I tried it but found it used to hang quite alot, even big sites i visit i have to sometimes refresh, however it's almost spam free and management is much easier as you have a separate control panel to login to

lunaraurora

Reaction score
I use it. But it seems to be enough strictly with spam.. i mean that even clean comments can be detected as spam, there are many complaints about them (check on Google). And in gambling industry is even more probable that genuine comments/users can be blacklisted as spam. I don't suggest it .. and i will replace it in future.

Vivi Fox

Banned
Reaction score
It is definitely a good site

To get backlinks to your site.

But as is the norm,

There are techniques

That have to be followed.

The main technique is –

Build a following.

Sure, it takes time and patience,

But think long term.

Think that you are planting a seed

And that seed will one day

Turn into a huge tree

And the tree will give you

Thousands of fruit

Each of which you will sell for $10 each.

How does that tree sound now?

Build your following on the site

And see the backlinks come

Whoever said that backlinking was easy?

AlexTu

Reaction score
I use it. But it seems to be enough strictly with spam.. i mean that even clean comments can be detected as spam, there are many complaints about them (check on Google). And in gambling industry is even more probable that genuine comments/users can be blacklisted as spam. I don't suggest it .. and i will replace it in future.
Discus comments have poor indexation, so the majority of such spammy comments will do nothing.

tiffany146

Reaction score
Disqus is FINALLY developing a Windows 10 app for users on Windows 10 PC, tablet and smartphones!!!!!! Who knows exactly when will it be available?

tiffany146

Reaction score
Thanks for the recommendation. It's so kind of you! But I cannot find the EXACT date, maybe you will demonstrate to me your Google search skills and help me with it? :)

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
@AlexTu - Stop being rude. If you need to read the code of conduct for AGD again, there should be a link at the top called 'Forum Rules'. You could easily have chosen to be helpful instead, IMO. At AGD we try to help people better their businesses - a kindness approach ;)