Donation and Directories

Fionella

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Do you think buying links from Donation sections and building links at well known, strong directories are bad ideas?

It became extremely hard to build safe back links recently..

Thanks

Last edited:

the_dave

Reaction score
I personally don't even use, what were widely considered the best directories, any more.

Donation pages turn into complete spam as soon as people reverse engineer you backlinks and copy them.

Bottom line... wouldn't both with either but you might get some lift from the higher end directories.

Gonçalo Costa

Reaction score
We've build some with decent success. But everyone is doing those, some of these pages have 1000s of OBL, the value for most of them is questionable.

I'd say doing donations on sites don't "advertise" it, and where you don't have links to all of these different binary options and slots sites, it's probably a good idea. Not sure about the value of most of them.

Thomas Andreas

Reaction score
I have never tried this donation thing. I never dared too. I mean how do you know how much to donate to get a link?
If I donate 200 euro and they say thank you and goodbye - then what to do. or perhaps they come back and say for only an additional 1800 euro donation, you will get a link! o_O

WulFTwood

Reaction score
It is good to buy those kind of links at the begining. It is easy way to start. Later, when sites grow bigger, it better to build natural link profile.
I fully agree with awesamko.
Use it on the beginning, the only thing I want to add - focus on directories with the same topic or providing opportunity to choose the topic as well as regional sites should be considered first.

LandofOz

Reaction score
The best types of links are contextual links from quality gambling sites. General web directories and donation pages are a waste of time and money in my opinion.

NDG

Reaction score
I don't think that the directories will have much of an effect on your link authority. There are
only a handful of quality directories out there.. that accept gambling sites.. and most of them
require a payment to be listed. Go with the top-tier directories or forget about it. I think some
of the smaller spam-filled directories could do your site more harm than good over the long-term.