Brightshare following the likes of other rogues?

Redbush54

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
Is it just me or are these newly amended terms for Brightshare the same as other programs marked rogue here?

5.5. For the purposes of this Revenue share Plan, an Affiliate shall be deemed by BrightShare as an Inactive Affiliate in a Plan, if the Affiliate does not deliver any new depositing Players for a period of three (3) consecutive months in an individual Plan.
The monthly Revenue share percentage payable for an Inactive Affiliate will be adjusted to 15% for all Players’ net Revenue linked to this Plan. Should the Inactive Affiliate deliver new depositing Players, at any time thereafter, the Affiliate shall become active in this Plan and be entitled to the revenue share percentage as per the table above.

5.6. BrightShare or its Clients may restrict specific markets for acquisition of new Players. Upon closure of a market to acquisition, BrightShare reserves the right to adjust the Affiliate’s Revenue share percentage to 15% for all the Affiliate’s existing Players from the closed market.

pdjoe

Reaction score
Unfortunately, it looks like the gambling affiliate business model is changing.

Agreed Jim !

Seems to me programs go though cycles. Right now the changes are against affiliates for sure. I think over the years I have seen this more than a few time. After these changes end up hurting programs as much as it does affiliate, we'll see some programs offer more. They have to in order to get exposure on our sites.

Programs want to strong arm affiliates to give them top spots but in the end they just end up with less exposure from us all.

Quotas suck and hurt new programs too! I know I don't use many new programs just in case they decide to add them in the future. Sites only have so many new players to deliver every month. I tend to stick with the devils I know :)

Sad to see Brightshare taking this path!

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
Marcia is still there. I am out of town or would have alerted the terms already (sorry). Will deal with them on Wednesday when I return.

LandofOz

Reaction score
I hope that BrightShare does not apply these new terms retroactively. These terms should only be applied to new sign ups, and not to the current affiliates who never agreed to these terms when they signed up.

Engineer

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Marcia, do you receive notifications about posts in your forum at AGD? Can you please confirm whether these changes are retroactive or not?

Even if they aren't retroactive, these changes are going to damage Brightshare's reputation because the new terms (with the quota and the low commission rate) will be labeled as predatory for new affiliates.

I strongly urge you to reconsider these changes....

Redbush54

Reaction score
Is this a new term also? So if they don't deposit within 90 days of registration there is no commission due the affiliate? Time to start removing brands.

5.10.5. The Affiliate shall be entitled for Commission for new Player that has deposited within 90 calendar days as of the new Player’s registration date.

bonustreak

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Marcia is aware of the thread since Roberto isn't allowed to post he told me he would direct her here. I think they have nothing to say about the shadiness of the move and your 100% right time to move all very few remaining links we have had up for almost 10 yrs off all our sites.

There is hardly no damn Micro brands to promote they have all gone to hell... Thank goodness for NetEnt!

Webzcas

Reaction score
So far these changes will not affect me, but who is to say they won't down the line. Or Brightshare to do a Roxy and close your account.

Really hacked off. It might be whereby have to start demanding a tenancy payment + rev share to get on the sites in future. However, smaller affiliates with less traffic will not be able to do this.

I have written to Andrew at eCOGRA this afternoon. I want to know exactly what this Affiliate Trust Seal covers. To me it should imply trust, yet the moves made by Roxy and Brightshare is anything but trustworthy. Then you have Ladbrokes shafting their US Partners and WagerShaft just shafting anyone they can, whilst putting pictures up on their parent company's website of their staff all partying up on OUR money that they are withholding from us, thanks to a handy FU clause they have in their T & C's.

This industry is turning into a right shit sandwich.

<rant over>

Webzcas

Reaction score
I got a reply from Andrew. Promising to look into these changes made by both Brightshare and Roxy also closing affiliate accounts. However, he took umbrage to the comment I made in relation to eCOGRA in my opening post on the thread on CM and has stated he will not correspond with me further on this matter.

He did not answer any of my questions as to what the Affiliate Trust Seal covers.

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
I got a reply from Andrew. Promising to look into these changes made by both Brightshare and Roxy also closing affiliate accounts. However, he took umbrage to the comment I made in relation to eCOGRA in my opening post on the thread on CM and has stated he will not correspond with me further on this matter.

He did not answer any of my questions as to what the Affiliate Trust Seal covers.

Have Andrew contact me on this matter. I have talked with him a few times via email. He should at least spend time discussing this very important issue with me as it speaks very much to the integrity of the affiliate programs and the seals themselves. I would appreciate being involved any way I can.

Webzcas

Reaction score
Have Andrew contact me on this matter. I have talked with him a few times via email. He should at least spend time discussing this very important issue with me as it speaks very much to the integrity of the affiliate programs and the seals themselves. I would appreciate being involved any way I can.
Andy,

I had copied Bryan in on my mails to Andrew, I believe by my very honest assessment of eCOGRA if they are seen to take no action on this matter, which I made in that post on CM, has kind of burnt my bridges with them in this matter. Hopefully not, but we shall see. You are probably best mailing him direct.

Maybe I need to go on a diplomacy course 8)