Bodog Complete Terms Update

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
As of January 6th, Bodog Affiliates have completely revamped their terms and conditions. As such we will need to do a re-evaluation of those terms to provide AGD users with proper information on the affiliate program.

The following Terms will show a red text and line through areas which have been removed from the terms and a green background to text that has been added to the terms.

TERMS ALERT - FULL SCAN
Bodog Affiliates Terms Change

Summary:please review the terms page linked to above while AGD works to re-review the full set of Bodog Terms.
Bodog Complete Terms Update

msduckland

AGD Member Ltd
Reaction score
Great update I needed to read this

Last edited by a moderator:

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
msduckland -

Please do not use AGD to post veiled links. You know what I am talking about. I certainly hope you stay a member and enjoy the conversations here, but I do not want to see any more of that.

All other members - I will now be searching out veiled links within the forum and posting to members who are doing a similar thing at AGD.

Sorry to sound upset, but there are several threads here that have embedded links in them that are not visible for SEO purposes (linking).

Fortune Palace

Reaction score
A couple of questions:

1. Anyone know what's brought the update about (apart from the update to Bodoglife and the removal of Calvin Ayre)? A lot of it reads like they're trying to prevent litigation. Anyone heard of a webmaster pursuing a case against them?

2. Have Bodog ever invoked clause 6.5 and/or 6.6 - the ones where they say you can't optimize for 'Bodog' and related keywords in URLs and content? I'd find it hard to send them any traffic without being in breach of this!

PS, this is my first post here, so hi to everyone!

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
A couple of questions:

1. Anyone know what's brought the update about (apart from the update to Bodoglife and the removal of Calvin Ayre)? A lot of it reads like they're trying to prevent litigation. Anyone heard of a webmaster pursuing a case against them?

2. Have Bodog ever invoked clause 6.5 and/or 6.6 - the ones where they say you can't optimize for 'Bodog' and related keywords in URLs and content? I'd find it hard to send them any traffic without being in breach of this!

PS, this is my first post here, so hi to everyone!

Welcome Fortune Palace!

As to #1. - I have no idea what brought on the new update, but assumed it was due to ownership changeover.

As to #2. - This clause is being re-introduced at a number of places. It was removed from many when PPC became a non-issue (Google and others did not allow it). Now that Google has limited ability to do PPC, I think more and more programs will re-introduce this clause. We are seeing it in more places as of late.