Bing Gambling Ads - Need Advice

PROFRBcom

Rakeback affiliate and professional poker player.
Reaction score
If you are familiar with Bing and their gambling advertising policies, I would like your input on the following.

If you go to Bing from a US IP address and type in "online poker USA" you will see up to six paid ads and then an organic search result. I happen to own the first organic search result and I love it. Except for the fact that now I have half a dozen paid ads pushing me off the visible area of even a full 1080p screen!

If you look at the advertisements you will see some legitimate sites but you will also see sites like these two examples:
  • hxxp://www[dot]toppokersitez[dot]com

• hxxp://www[dot]bestpokernow[dot]com

If you click on either of these websites, you will quickly find out that they are not websites at all. They are simply domains that redirect to affiliate links which in turn take you directly to an online poker site. TopPokerSitez takes you directly to a BetOnline signup page and BestPokerNow takes you directly to an America's Cardroom sign up page.

My questions are:

1) Is what they are doing allowed by Bing advertisement department?
2) Any idea what they are paying for these adverts?
3) Why did all these adverts pop up literally just a week after I finally got 1st in the Bing SERPS?! :(

juegos

Reaction score
I guess they are going under the radar of bing as advertising in such way is not allowed as far as I know (in the US). Hence why Google doesn't allow it either.

James Horpes

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
1. No, but so many do it.
2. Probably around 2-5$ a click,
3. I don't think it's intentional, they simply bypassed approval and got lucky. Until they caught, then they go down for a few months and come back up...

LandofOz

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
Bing traffic is so poor, that even people who rank on the first page for free don't receive much traffic.

PROFRBcom

Rakeback affiliate and professional poker player.
Reaction score
1. No, but so many do it.
2. Probably around 2-5$ a click,
3. I don't think it's intentional, they simply bypassed approval and got lucky. Until they caught, then they go down for a few months and come back up...

Thanks for the replies. That third part I was just joking around really... I didn't think it was malicious on their part, was venting a bit :)

Bing traffic is so poor, that even people who rank on the first page for free don't receive much traffic.

I agree with you there. However, a number 1 search result for a decent keyword can deliver 5-20 visitors a day. I'll take that extra any day on a highly relevant keyword.