Are Coral taking the piss here?

Bombati

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
Hi

Today, we launched a brand new product for Coral Mobile that we just know punters will love!

Player Bets is the brand new Coral feature that allows punters to customise their bets to back exactly what they think will happen. In this unique and original new way to bet, they can pick a player, pick a certain stat and build the bet they want, with odds displaying instantly! Want more info? http://news.coral.co.uk/player-bets-how-to-guide

Unfortunately, Affiliates won’t generate revenue from players using Player Bets. However we wanted to highlight this feature as it will still make great content on your site. This product is exclusive to mobile for the time being, but its likely developments will be made in future.

Players can still be tracked to you if they sign up from the below link to the player bet platform however no revenue will be generated until they place a bet on another market.

Your Tracking Link :

http://affiliate.coral.co.uk/processing/clickthrgh.asp?btag=a_[siteid]b_13729

We’re keen to get your thoughts on this, so please feel free to feedback, whether it’s good or bad, we’d love to hear from you.

Keep an eye out for other brilliant products from Coral!

Kind regards,

The Coral Affiliate Team

Deborah Blood

Affiliate Executive

Coral Interactive (Gibraltar) Ltd

Suite 711, 1st Floor

Europort

Europort Road

Gibraltar

GX11 1AA

Direct: +350 200 10487

Mobile: +350 58007328

This email has been sent from Ladbrokes Coral Group plc or a subsidiary or associated company (each individually or together, “Ladbrokes Coral”). This communication (including any attachments) is confidential, may contain privileged and/or proprietary information and is intended solely for the use of the intended recipient. If you have received it in error please notify the sender immediately. The unauthorised use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is forbidden. Ladbrokes Coral reserves the right to monitor all email communications through its networks.

Ladbrokes Coral Group plc, Registered in England Number: 566221
Registered Office: Imperial House, Imperial Drive, Rayners Lane, Harrow, Middlesex, HA2 7JW

Tel: 020 8868 8899 Fax: 020 8868 8767

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CygX1

Reaction score
This is the sort of thing that happens as soon as Ladbrokes gets involved. You get screwed.

Bombati

Reaction score
This is the sort of thing that happens as soon as Ladbrokes gets involved. You get screwed.
Coral have always been very good to us, I am not happy about this.

Do you agree with me that this makes 0% sense for a affiliate?

Bombati

Reaction score
I've just done mental at them

CygX1

Reaction score
I do not see a reason to not pay revenue for these type of bets. Perhaps there is a mathematical calculation behind it that is supposed to protect the operator from fraud, but I doubt this. Considering the reputation of the Ladbrokes affiliate program, it is most likely just another of their stunts that affiliates got used to since they moved their business out of Gibraltar/ the UK. Retroactive application of new t&c, disappearing revenue and unwillingness to build a trustworthy affiliate relationship are their typical characteristics.

TheGooner

Reaction score
Yes - received that same mail. Have sent back saying the bet is clearly a sports bet and I expect a rev-share accordingly.

It's a sports prop bet. I have a rev-share agreement that they pay me a percentage of revenue from sports betting.
Their suggestion that it's rev-share exempt has no basis in fact, and failure to pay is of course illegal.

But of course the amount that Player Bet this will generate for me is so small that they know I won't bother with legal action from halfway across the globe.
:confused:

I'm 50-50% between deciding to raise a stink - and just dropping them like SkyBet.

Bombati

Reaction score
Yes - received that same mail. Have sent back saying the bet is clearly a sports bet and I expect a rev-share accordingly.

It's a sports prop bet. I have a rev-share agreement that they pay me a percentage of revenue from sports betting.
Their suggestion that it's rev-share exempt has no basis in fact, and failure to pay is of course illegal.

But of course the amount that Player Bet this will generate for me is so small that they know I won't bother with legal action from halfway across the globe.
:confused:

I'm 50-50% between deciding to raise a stink - and just dropping them like SkyBet.
I even sent bad in sending this because as I said earlier they have always been good to us but hoping for a positive outcome.

I've always worked closely with you so I'll give you my 100% honest feedback.

I don't like the fact you've partnered Ladbrokes, we (lots of affiliates) don't really understand what benefit there is to be had in pushing this.

If we introduce a player to you guys on a cross channel I believe that's what I should be paid on, not being paid in players we have referred that chose to use this feature is unfair in my opinion.

I've finally got a arrangement with you guys we are mutually happy about and I don't want anything to jeopardise this, including this latest feature.