AGD Virus Warning

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Over the last 24 hours I have heard that there were virus warnings from AVG, ESET, Malwarebytes, and Norton.

I believe I have resolved the issue, but want this thread to be open so that anyone who sees a threat detection can screenshot it and post it here for me and everyone to see.

Yes, sounds like not a good idea to publicly post that we were hacked - but I want to be sure to close the wormhold and kill the work. Again, I believe it is done, but it takes more than just 1-2 people to be sure of these things.

Thanks a ton!!!

PS - If you find noothing after tooling around the site for awhile, please post that as well. It was a random injection, so 1 pageview will not be of any help.

Simmo!

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
Ah yeah I saw this yesterday when I entered a thread on AGD but assumed it was from another program as it never happened again and hasn't since (although I did isolate the offending threat so it probably wouldn't anyway LOL).

dominique

Certification Member
Reaction score
No issues here.

Bonus Paradise

Reaction score
Got a warning yesterday, were thinking you maybe working on some coding and that is why. Right now all seems fine to me, just your 468 ad banner - right side in heading does not show anymore, I can see
<-- banner was here -->

Daera

Reaction score
I didn't see it last night when I was roaming around AGD. And nothing today. I'll let you know if that changes.

Sorry to hear this Andy. If it's not one thing, it's another huh? Not enough hours in the day.

Aussie-Dave

Former AGD Member
Reaction score
No warnings here Andy, I'm running Avira Premium, Sunbelt PF and a hard coded FW on my router.

However, I've noticed the site is painfully slow. Granted more hops back and forth to OZ, but not to the point of this...I mean it's like really slow and some pages I have to refresh cause they're timing out.

Then it goes fine for a few minutes and reverts back to slow mo again.

I've checked my rig resources and I'm running at between 1% & 2% when your site is slow, then when it returns to normal. Nothing changes this end.

Thought I've give you a heads up on that ;)

Cheers

Dave

Last edited:

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
However, I've noticed the site is painfully slow. Granted more hops back and forth to OZ, but not to the point of this...I mean it's like really slow and some pages I have to refresh cause they're timing out.

Then it goes fine for a few minutes and reverts back to slow mo again.

Yes... I am painfully aware :( Tough working on several issues at once, but the slowness I've been trying to track down for awhile. It's not readily apparent to either myself or 3 server guys (so far).

The server is running at less than 1% utilization (CPU) and less than 10% memory consumption. It's not that, don't worry. Something else is occurring.