AGD Needs a Server

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey folks,

AGD is in need of a server-class machine. I do not know how many out there even have this to be honest, but thought I would throw it out there for affiliates and affiliate programs alike.

We just don't have the cash to spend on a server-quality machine, but if there is anyone out there who plans to upgrade their server and would like to sell one - it would be appreciated.

The needs are:

Dual Xeon or similar (2 processors or at least the capability of such)
RAID Controller with enough drives for at least mirroring
4GB RAM or higher (Hopefully 8GB or higher, but that can always be upgraded)

Any server I get will be completely wiped and Server 2008 will be installed, so OS is no big worry.

We will take donations too... but I don't really expect that :p

Thank you!!!

Peter-Jan

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
What size of investment are we talking about here, Andy?

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
What size of investment are we talking about here, Andy?

Hard to say, but when I was looking over Dell's website and configuring the server to the size requirements, it was hitting about $3,000 :( That's without software.

that was a T710 server with 2 processors, 8GB RAM, and RAID 1. Not much other changes outside of a monitor to the server package.

Ouch.

Andy isn't rich... hehehe.

I looked elsewhere besides Dell and the servers were still running up there once they were configured to have the same options the Dell server did.

WCD Admin

Reaction score
WCD will match the first $250. In other words, if you give $10 we'll match that until we reach our pledge of $250. -- So there is the first $500 if a server doesn't show up.

Anyone is welcome to participate in my deal - large or small :)

bonusgeek

Reaction score
I will match your $250 so thats $500 out the way. :)

WCD will match the first $250. In other words, if you give $10 we'll match that until we reach our pledge of $250. -- So there is the first $500 if a server doesn't show up.

Anyone is welcome to participate in my deal - large or small :)

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow.. That is really appreciated guys. I certainly hope we can raise enough for the server. This would help tremendously.

I did create a donate button from Paypal, so if anyone wants to donate either anonymously or publicly - we would definitely be very appreciative.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The Paypal Donate Button is on the Right Hand side of the forum. I could not get it to work in the post :(

Again - we completely appreciate everyone's support!! :) Affiliates are definitely some of the most generous folks around...

Last edited:

dominique

Certification Member
Reaction score
$250 here too. :)

dominique

Certification Member
Reaction score
The donation button doesn't work:

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.
<!-- / main error message -->

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
The donation button doesn't work:

I noticed that :( Apparently I can't post it in a thread, so I stuck it on the sidebar instead. That is the only way I could do it and get it to work for some reason :mad:

dominique

Certification Member
Reaction score
Works now! :)

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
Works now! :)

Thank you for the very first donation, Dom!!! :) We are that much closer to a new server! I may be gone most of this weekend, so if anyone donates and I do not thank them immediately - don't fret... I'll probably be all blubbery and thankful when I return :)

dominique

Certification Member
Reaction score
Ok, who'll match it?

<!--StartFragment -->
coin2.gif

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you, everyone, for the donations thus far :) I thought I would hop on real quick while my son is having dinner to thank everyone!

We are getting closer with 3 matches of Dom's initial contribution to 'the server cause'.