AGD Forum Issues

Webzcas

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
Forum performance is still poor. I am currently hosting the site on my dedicated server and my hosts are looking into this. The load doesn't actually seem that great on the server. But we are ascertaining whether a server upgrade is indeed the right course of action. As all my sites hosted on the same server including two vbulletin forums are responding find.

All forum modifications have been stripped back whilst troubleshooting is carried out.

Will keep you posted.

Dave

dominique

Certification Member
Reaction score
Loading like a snail....but at least it's here again! :)

Webzcas

Reaction score
Loading like a snail....but at least it's here again! :)

Not sure how long it will take for you to be able to read this. :)

Ok, last course of action before the inevitable server upgrade :eek:

I am going to be logging a call with VBulletin. Now I have ssh access to my server again. I will optimise VB per their instructions.

Running top from the ssh shell. Shows MYsql is hammering the cpu of the server, constantly. Looks like a load of intensive queries are constantly being run on the db's on guard dog.

My hosts have done all that they can do. VBulletin are the last course of hope software wise, unless Andy can track back the changes to the site he made 6 months ago when the forum started to grind to a halt.

If after implementing all the changes to the server recommended by vbulletin no discernable improvement is arrived at. Then I get a new toy in the shape of a new dual processor quad core server. ;D

As it is Sunday, I am out with my boy today, but will be on this tonight and tomorrow. One way or another tomorrow should have this problem resolved or at least improved.

dominique

Certification Member
Reaction score
Yep, going fast! :) Thank you so much!!!!

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
Tons of thanks goes to Webczas for finally figuring this out. What a relief!!!! This took a lot of effort and is so much appreciated!

Webzcas

Reaction score
A small matter of a very large webstats DB being written to whenever there was any activity on the forum. With over 2.5million records in one table alone. So the forum db would wait for a response from it before continuing. Hence the long delays.

This has now been disabled.

Bonus Paradise

Reaction score
Amazing! it loads super fast!
Very glad for you Andy!
Thank you Webzcas!

Last edited:

Pokerkeep

Reaction score
Much better!! Well done Webzcas. Thanks for getting this sorted.