AGD: Coming April 3rd

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
52e6dfae2dd5056335bf49e4.png

AGD: The Biggest, Baddest, Longest, Fastest Gaming Affiliate Board in the world
(anyone know where that phrase originally came from??)

The NEW, Improved version of AGD is coming soon... April 3rd, so expect some hassles on that day! I hope it will be a smooth transition. In preparation of the new system, here are some of the improvements and a few images to get you started:

Alerts- Alerts are quick icons which will let you know what is NEW since the last time you visited AGD. These are powerful tools to keep you informed. Note in the header image, the red boxes. The alerts will show for: Terms Alerts, New Posts, New Affiliate Payments, and New PMs (Now called conversations)

Header.jpg

Terms Alerts- Terms Alerts will show all new terms alerts and will drop down (when hovering above or clicking the dropdown arrow) to show the image below:

TermsAlerts.jpg

New Post Alerts- New Post Alerts will show all new posts from the last time you entered AGD. Scrolling is enabled as it shows only 10 posts at a time. Note image below:

NewPosts.jpg

New Payments Alerts- When new affiliate payments are posted via the payments calendar, alerts will be displayed. By hovering over this menu item or clicking the down-arrow, you will see the following:

AffyPayments.jpg

Pretty good so far?

The under the hood stuff is pretty nice as well. You will notice the following:

Speed- The forums will be immediately and intensely faster. There will be no waiting, just quick conversations :)

Errors- There will no longer be forum errors :) This is something that has plagued the vBulletin forums at AGD for a long time. That time has come to an end (collective sigh of relief).

Responsive Design- The AGD forums will now be available on all platforms. Tablet, phone, and PC will work seemlessly without the need for Tapatalk or some other forum software.

Social Integration- You can now connect FB, Google+, and Twitter accounts to AGD. In addition, new members can sign up using any of these open logins.

AGD Member Websites- The member websites section has been improved. It is faster than ever and still holds the same SEO benefit as it always has.

I know that is a lot to take in... and there is more, but I'll leave you to digest this for now. See you soon on the new platform. Expect 1 email generated from the AGD backend to notify all members of this post.

-Andy and the AGD Team

PS - Don't forget to sign up with 2 sponsors who helped in a huge way to make this possible:

52e6e2032dd505639aff398e.png

Refilliates are the top supporter for the new version of AGD's move to the new platform. Their support is much appreciated and we ask once again... if you aren't promoting them yet - please do! If you are, push them harder :)
New Affiliates must sign up here: Refilliates Signup

5304ab3584c49f26f996cb47.png

Drake Affiliates are another big supporter of the new AGD experience. Their support was also key to our development. Once again, I ask you to support these fine folks and sign up with their program (or promote them with a bit more traffic if you already are partnered up).

New Affiliates must sign up here: Drake Affiliates Signup

Attachments

• 52e6dfae2dd5056335bf49e4.png
    52e6dfae2dd5056335bf49e4.png
    37.9 KB · Views: 121
  • Header.jpg
    Header.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 116
  • TermsAlerts.jpg
    TermsAlerts.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 114
  • NewPosts.jpg
    NewPosts.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 116
  • AffyPayments.jpg
    AffyPayments.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 116

honestgaz

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
Compared to what we have now, it is definitely pale ;) But it looks good (in my opinion, anyway). Hope a few others agree.

Im used to the brown, i like it. i know where i am on it. i hate change - im of the old adage, if it aint broke, don't try and fix it :D

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
Im used to the brown, i like it. i know where i am on it. i hate change - im of the old adage, if it aint broke, don't try and fix it :D

he he... except it is pretty broke ;) Lots of stuff doesn't work well and vBulletin is doing a VERY poor job with the upgrades. I'm done with those fools and off to a better place. The theme may change in the future, but to get up and running quick and have a system that 'works', we needed to move quick and use a basic theme.

rak

Reaction score
*beats chest* Bring it!!

Oracle

Reaction score
What software will the new forum use?

rak

Reaction score
What software will the new forum use?

I'm hoping 7th Generation Warp Technology use in Starships (which I have been trying to get my hands on...) - but most likely vbulletin by the looks of the screenshots.

magic79

Reaction score
"I hate change"...

Ya gotta move on, this is great, just different. At 65 I used to hate change too but today I ate lunch at a "California, European fusion with a hint of Turkish" Restaurant and I decided right then I would embrace new things!

P.S. The food was not that great but the idea of change was exciting.:D

Oracle

Reaction score
Ya gotta move on, this is great, just different. At 65 I used to hate change too but today I ate lunch at a "California, European fusion with a hint of Turkish" Restaurant and I decided right then I would embrace new things!

P.S. The food was not that great but the idea of change was exciting.:D

Are you considering embracing a 21 year old?:)

clara.affactive

Reaction score
Wow guys you really made it!

Congratulations, seems to be really good and it shows how much you worked on it.

Really nice