Affiliate Programs paying in Bitcoin:

WCD Admin

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
To all affiliate programs paying in BTC

Just a thought for affiliate programs. give us a way to determine WHEN we want to cash out in btc. that way we can ask for it while its low; and refuse it while its high/spiked. That gives us an incentive and some small amount of protection/insurance against massive losses and could even help us make more money.

Thanks

RyanWeb

Reaction score
I agree that would be a great benefit, and an amazing affiliate service if they did in fact offer this. But I think the affiliate programs would be the ones taking the hit and losing a bit more if they allowed us to try and time our cashouts.. Something I would think they will be unwilling to do.

I do feel that bitcoin has recently been up around the beginning of the past few months, and then it seems to drop in value around the middle to end.. Likely just a coincidence, but I have taken a few small hits before getting it to cash..

Last edited:

WCD Admin

Reaction score
Yeah I guess it depends on how the program comes to get the bits to begin with (some only have btc that players deposit so i can see what you mean) but those using a service that allows them to put in usd and pay clients in bitcoin... thats what i was referring too... but youre right, those who only have the balance that players put in probably would not think that was a very good idea (chuckle)

PS: well then damnit they should at least pay on time :D

gabriel_LCP

Reaction score
Great question! Well, I was thinking about this for a while and I came up with what could be a good scenario for both aff program and affiliate.

You can always switch payment methods, so, if we are getting closer to the end of the month and you see that the btc value is not what you are hoping for, then just switch the payment method over to one that sends you the commission straight up. If on the other hand, you like where the bitcoin is at when the month is coming to a close then you leave it at btc.

I might be missing something here, but don't really see how it could turn out that bad for either side.