Affiliate Guard Dog at conventions

WCD Admin

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
So I got inspiration from a post Dom made tonight. (https:// www. affiliateguarddog. com/forums/those-budapest-t3242.html)

What if AGD had a booth at conventions?

I imagine... superbly designed and manned by some of the AGD members/staff that are at a lot of these shows anyway (Dom and Streak come immediately to mind) ... and of course Andy when the kids aren't beating him up. [I know, you're volunteering other people, Bernie]

ROGUE DISPLAY: Anyway despite that. I see a few displays setup at the AGD booth - first a huge dedication to Rogue programs (especially any that might be active and ESPECIALLY if they are at the show) - so highlighting (devil/fire, etc) list of programs and their LOGOS, and a description of the bullshit they've done.

NEWBIE SIGNUP AREA: Here is a terminal where a newbie can fill in a form - the form contains the newbies information (only if they want to do this of course) ... they simultaneously signup for AGD membership and all the platinum programs on one form (maybe a checkbox of any greenlight programs they want to also signup for) - under the AGD tag of course..... They could also get some kit .... with ?? goodies from platinum partners, etc? partners could pay to have things in this kit, and also help offset booth costs.

PLATINUM DISPLAY: obviously highlighting plat. member programs, lit up, looking NICE. (perhaps convince some of the plat. programs to help man this part of the booth and encourage signup a their program and AGD -> direct them to booth)

GREEN LIGHT DISPLAY: a little less glamorous and eye catchy than the platinums.... but these programs have good T&Cs. so they should also be rewarded.

-------------

This could lead to all sorts of good things - obviously more chances for AGD to network to the greater community, AGD speakers at conferences (which could be used to get the booth discounted?) / and then of course things like Dom pointed out - at presentations by rogue programs, or borderline programs having a group of AGD members showing up basically bringing these folks to task.

I see more socially active things that could take place (could be fun, could be silly) including Fash Mobs at the Golden Matrix booth (for example) complete with picket signs like "RedHotPartners=GoldenMatrix don't fall for the same old name change game again, etc... with AGD staff there on hand answering questions -- I see JTodd having a good time covering the flash mob and asking members/staff questions that raise the points....

I'm logging off now, my coffee is almost used up. Better get some work done :)

Pokerkeep

Reaction score
I don't travel to the overseas conferences but I would donate some cash to help make this a reality.

To help keep the cost down, consider combining resources with GPWA/APCW, CAP or ...? Sharing the booth cost, manpower, etc.

This discussion fits well with the discussion presently going on in the GPWA private forums. For those AGD members who are also GPWA private members, check it out here:
Gambling Portal Webmasters Association
It's a pretty long thread but well worth your time!

Last edited:

Pokerkeep

Reaction score
I would donate as well for sure. IN fact i would stand behind the booth if you needed some help..(LOL).

Man i am missing alot over at GPWA ain't I? Man oh man whats wrong with me?:eek:

Yep!
Considering all the crappy stuff going on in the industry right now, your voice would be a welcome addition over there.... (hint hint) :)

WCD Admin

Reaction score
I would donate financially, too, and I also dislike too much travel. I'd volunteer my time, skills, ideas, etc... And I am all for the communities cooperating together. In fact I think that's the only way to get really big things done in our industry. Before CAP splintered from the GPWA, it really meant something to be a member because affiliates were a unified group. It wasn't perfect, but it was a pretty powerful force. -After that, the community splintered and progress really nose-dived. (imho)

It just seems like a natural counter-balance to the conventions and my coffee was forcing me into this fantasy...

dominique

Certification Member
Reaction score
I haven't been travelling to europe much either in the last year and a half - I do expect to go to London in January.

I think this is a great idea.

I am also trying to organize a summit meeting between all the major aff organizations in Vegas this November. This looks like it is going to happen, and cooperation between all the organizations - a long time dream of mine - is finally a tangible opportunity.

Of course AGD will be a part of this, unless Andy has objections that need to be worked out.

I think this will be the greatest thing that can happen to address affiliate concerns. Combined, we will be a strong force. Just think of the possibilities and the negotiating power if affiliates finally had a unified voice.

Additionaly, I hear more and more mumblings in the industry about the US opening up next year. If so, we will be able to have US based conferences again.

All of this makes the future look good for a change...

Last edited:

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
I like the idea, no doubt about that :) I love these ideas, to be honest. The difficult part is making it happen.

I say this because we pull enough off sponsors to keep alive and I spend a good portion of my affy money as well. I also have a full-time job. So - that makes it even more tricky.

I don't want to compromise AGD by taking on enough sponsors to make something like that happen... but would love to be full-time doing this type of work. Just something I have to think about. If there are any ideas on how this could be accomplished with minimal expenditure, that may help.

WCD Admin

Reaction score
I totally understand what you're saying Andy, and I felt guilty suggesting this. In fact its not going to work unless everyone kind of gets excited about it at once and puts a lot of their muscle/time into it - even if that's just keeping up with the idea and constantly and tirelessly giving input and encouraging the doers and providing financial support.

Maybe you should have a poll on what members are willing to do:

(a) financial support only (100 or less)
(b) financial support only (500 or more)
(c) financial support only (1000 or more)

etc...

(a) will provide my own travel and volunteer
(b) will volunteer but can't provide my own travel
(c) will put 100% of my efforts to this project, I want to be a leader
(d) I can't travel but will put in my all in supporting the project via following the threads and constantly and tirelessly giving input.

you get the idea... then you can ultimately make a decision based on how much support it looks like you can get. Maybe that's too complicated.

I'd highly suggest including the other communities.

dominique

Certification Member
Reaction score

WCD Admin

Reaction score
Wow! That's huge!!! -- go Dom!! Thanks Alex! :emoticon-0139-bow:wow, so nice. WOW, I just re-read that - comes with a shell, electricity and lighting! I was wondering about logistics of those booths just a few minutes ago.

That's a BIG expense just cleared out of the way! I pledge an airplane ticket for one of the AGD staff if this becomes a reality. I see this as very possible. That is an amazing jump start.

MORE PRAISE TO ALEX!!! WOW!

dominique

Certification Member
Reaction score
Wow! That's huge!!! -- go Dom!! Thanks Alex! :emoticon-0139-bow:wow, so nice. WOW, I just re-read that - comes with a shell, electricity and lighting! I was wondering about logistics of those booths just a few minutes ago.

That's a BIG expense just cleared out of the way! I pledge an airplane ticket for one of the AGD staff if this becomes a reality. I see this as very possible. That is an amazing jump start.

MORE PRAISE TO ALEX!!! WOW!

Haha, You'll eat these words, I promise! :)

WCD Admin

Reaction score
Awesome then! I cannot wait to buy the plane ticket! I love eating my own words! ;)

I've been using Murphy's law against itself ever since I found it to be true. I keep rain away by having dangerous fires. I'm combating global warming by installing solar panels. I work in mysterious ways :p