Affiliate Edge - Court Case Date Set

BetOnlineUK

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
At least you will know before Christmas, let's hope it will add an extra bit of cheer.

Good luck Dave

abc

Reaction score
Good luck from me 4.

TheGooner

Reaction score
Application to 'Stay' my claim against the owners of Affiliate Edge and Club World has been set
I assume that this is just the first court appearance of many ... or if the stay is rejected is that the matter done and dusted?

Do you have a projected legal timeline to resolution - eg after this "stay" is dealt with do you then get a date for your claim to be heard?

slotplayer

Reaction score
You need to win the claim or it will/could set a precedence. If they rule in favor for the owners of AE, programs may feel emboldened.

Tupee

Reaction score
This is kinda lucky situation in a way already. First I didn't understand how you could bring them to court, because I thought they are registered in Curacao. But I see ITC is a UK registered company. You had an easy job man :D I don't even understand how they dared to do those manipulations as a UK registered company. They are mad to do it there. Where they offshore I would not be surprised, but this way...

abc

Reaction score
Im not too up to date on UK law, Can someone explain what is the worst that can happen to them.

Webzcas

Reaction score
I assume that this is just the first court appearance of many ... or if the stay is rejected is that the matter done and dusted?

Do you have a projected legal timeline to resolution - eg after this "stay" is dealt with do you then get a date for your claim to be heard?

They ( ITC / Affiliate Edge ) have applied to the court to 'Stay' ie chuck out my claim. They are contesting jurisdiction of the court and also citing an arbitration clause. If their application to 'Stay' the claim is rejected, the court will then decide on a date to hear my claim.

You need to win the claim or it will/could set a precedence. If they rule in favor for the owners of AE, programs may feel emboldened.

As it is a County Court, a legal precedence as such won't be set. Also this hearing as explained above, is to consider ITC's application to 'Stay' my claim. So even if the court agrees with them, it won't set a precedence as such.

This is kinda lucky situation in a way already. First I didn't understand how you could bring them to court, because I thought they are registered in Curacao. But I see ITC is a UK registered company. You had an easy job man :D I don't even understand how they dared to do those manipulations as a UK registered company. They are mad to do it there. Where they offshore I would not be surprised, but this way...

Correct and up until July this year they ( Affiliate Edge ) were governed by the laws of Panama or so we affiliates were led to believe. Can't say anything else. But let's wait and see.....

Im not too up to date on UK law, Can someone explain what is the worst that can happen to them.

If their attempt to 'Stay' my claim fails, the court will then set a date to hear my claim. If it is successful, my claim against them gets chucked out of court.

AussieDave

24 years & still going!
Reaction score
They are contesting jurisdiction of the court and also citing an arbitration clause.

As a point of reference for everyone, just because a program has a clause/s in their T&C's, it doesn't make it legally binding. Only a court ruling can decide if it is legal or not ;)

All the best Dave, I hope you hit these bastards for six! (that's a cricket term btw)

LandofOz

Reaction score
I wish you the very best of luck!! :)