AffCorner aren't closed

ThePOGG

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
You are correct, they are not closed, moving them now.

ThePOGG

Reaction score
D, not sure if you know mate but was browsing you webmaster site and saw affiliate edge still in the recommended section

Hi AdanLCFC,

Thanks for the heads-up - I am aware of this.

Unfortunately POGGWebmasters is a horrifically broken site that would require a significant investment to repair. WP updates clashed with what was a very poorly written theme and these days lots of the fields that I used to be able to update in the back end simply aren't there. That includes the field to set the status.

In the near future (we're working on this atm) PW will be closed and all content migrated over to ThePOGG (hence not wanting to spend the money on repairing the site), at which point all of these sorts of issues will be rectified. This is a complex process though hence why it's taking some time.

This is also the primary hold up on getting the Affiliate Union site up and running.

TP

AussieDave

24 years & still going!
Reaction score
@ThePOGG - I'm sure your developers are on it, but just in case not...

All WP posts, blogs, pages etc., etc., etc., use an ID#, this also includes images etc. Basically everything in WP relies on ID#'s.

For a quick fix albeit a dirty one, to the issue AidanLCFC raised, you could probably drop a short piece of php coding into the functions.php of that crappy theme, which could be used to stop the affiliate Edge (ID#) recommendation being displayed ;)

ThePOGG

Reaction score
Hey AD - thanks for the tips.

Unfortunately this impacts a large number of posts now as the problem has been ongoing for some time (our development team were pulled off this task ~10 months ago to focus on getting BetBlocker ready as I personally consider this a far more important job). I don't want to break them off from the overall job that will allow us to correct all of the errors in one go simply to target one program that we already cover widely on a large number of higher traffic pages in more appropriate fashion ;) Method to the madness etc etc

TP

AussieDave

24 years & still going!
Reaction score
Last edited: