80% Commissions

dominique

Certification Member
Reaction score
Dunno how they can afford that and still take care of biz.

Unless it's like a one month intro offer. That I have seen working before, although it was 70%.

Engineer

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, I'd probably steer clear, especially if I have never worked with the program before. If I have a good working relationship with the group, and if this is an incentive for me to increase their exposure, then I probably would accept the offer. But if they are a new program with no history, forget it.

WCD Admin

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
I remember the days of Richwebmaster and their 100% revenue share intro. I was of course running like the Bonus Streak would have. But some picked up some change. It seemed to me though that someone HAD to be losing big time, and I was afraid it would either be ME or the PLAYERS. So I didn't participate. (although I promoted them on different terms before that)

Proceed with caution. Anything over 50% seems pretty fishy to me.

affcorner

Reaction score
First month, not fishy to me...I have done this before and will again in the future (well 70%)

Nicolas-Johnson

Affiliate Program Representative
Reaction score
proceed with caution

I would say proceed with caution.

Between operational costs, licenssing, and processing most programs have much lower margins than most people think.

Nicolas-Johnson

Affiliate Program Representative
Reaction score
errr no offence

@ affcorner

I didn't read your post. I'm not saying it isn't possible, just that it CAN be a bad sign.

TGP

Reaction score
I would look for the catch..............;)

Hazo

Reaction score
If I don't know them personally or they haven't been recommended to me by experienced affiliates then I don't go anywhere near them. If it is through a random email of some sort...I run a million miles... You can make more money on a lower % at better opertaions anyway.

Nick

bonusgeek

Reaction score
This got me thinking since a lot of programs offer some kind of special rev share for the first month. For me I think I would get more excited if they offer me 70% on the third month or some kind of scale that increases for the first few months.

It just takes me forever to get a program properly exposed in my network and its almost impossible to even take advantage of a first month promo, for me anyway. I usually have bigger fish to fry and the new brands get kicked to the end of the to-do list. What about everyone else, would you rather have a special new affiliate promo-offer the first month or a couple months into the relationship?

Oh yea, 80% rev share indefinitely, thats a pretty big red flag imo.

dominique

Certification Member
Reaction score
It just takes me forever to get a program properly exposed in my network and its almost impossible to even take advantage of a first month promo, for me anyway. I usually have bigger fish to fry and the new brands get kicked to the end of the to-do list. What about everyone else, would you rather have a special new affiliate promo-offer the first month or a couple months into the relationship?

I'd like a special player promo the first month to see if they like the place. Then we can talk about building traffic.

After that it becomes interesting to have a higher aff % incentive...

Usually traffic for a couple months after I sign up is negligible. I think people need to see it on my site for a few months before they take the plunge - it's called branding.