61 Online Gambling Sites in Switzerland added to Blacklists

illuminati

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
What's the connection between the Swedish and Swiss regulators? Maybe the title should refer to Switzerland instead of Sweden? Or maybe it's just me. :)

xecutable

Stranger
Reaction score
When people talk about Sweden and its people they usually use the word Swedes, when it's Switzerland it's Swiss, hence Swiss Air, Swiss cheese etc.

That being said, Switzerland's has a duopoly on gambling that's owned by the same company. One company for the Italian speaking part, one for the German speaking part. (Swiss Lotto).

Their right hand is a company that pretends to be the Swiss gambling commission or whatever their name was, but while I was there I was approached by them and they strictly forbid me to own a site that promotes foreign gambling websites.

After a meeting with my lawyer, turned out they are a private company, have no legal jurisdiction to prosecute or do anything, and have lost their last 3 attempts (2017). Just like many other countries, the Swiss gambling laws are a total mess when it comes to online gambling, but a restructure was planned.

Once everything is figured out, things will loosen up and it will be back to normal.