Wordpress Affiliate Plugins

societyofslots

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
How do you guys handle affiliate links in wordpress ?

Is there a plugin that allows you to set them all up, and then have them on hand to post into the various pages ? Also is there one that tracks and has "click count" etc ?

Another also, I was reading some thread about someone being hacked. But they couldnt get in because of a superb plugin they had.. Anyone know what that plugin was ? Like brute force or somehting.. Ive tried searching earlier but couldnt find it.

So Affiliate link URL Plugin & Security Plugin - Any suggestions ?

mattsgame

Reaction score
For links I use Pretty Link and Deep Link Juggernaut which is built into the SEO Ultimate plugin.

For security I was using Better WP Security and BulletProof Security which worked well together. Now I just use Wordfence - WordPress Security Plugin which was recommended to me and have not had any issues so far.

Cheers
Matt

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
I've been using the OpenX wordpress plugin. It works decent if you know your way around OpenX. But it also means you manage your banners outside of WP.

tryme1

Reaction score
For security, I use Login-Lockdown, Wordpress Firewall 2, WordFence, BPS and a number of others. Providing they don't conflict, I use as many as possible.

For affiliate links - well, sometimes I cloak them and sometimes not. SEO Ultimate and Pretty Link have already been mentioned, so here's a different option - OIO Publisher. It's a premium (ie: paid for) plugin that handles text, banner, in-context links, Geo targeting and so on. I use it often. Works well. It's $47 but there are loads of coupons out there.

Imre

Reaction score
I use pretty link for shortening URLs and to make them look more friendly. It has a tracking option too which is great to monitor clickthru rates.