Wordpres Hosting Help Needed

Mikew

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
While purchasing 2 domains with extensions .cz and .de, I realized after that my current host does not accept such extension and only takes the usual (.com .net .org)
I am now looking for a hosting company where I can host these 2 sites.
Could anyone advise on the best hosting company for .cz and for .de or one in which I can host both
Thanks,

Mikew

Reaction score
Thank you for your input NDG, I just got in touch with a chat support from HostGator and they told me that I can't transfer or host a domain with .cz or .de with them.
Still looking for something else

Mikew

Reaction score
It seems like I do not have the permission to view this page.
However I googled liquidweb hosting that I see at the end of the link.
Pretty salty prices, that's about how much we paid for a year of hosting, they ask that every month:(
I keep them on my list in case I don't find any other one

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
No worries... yeah, you got to pay for that good of hosting :) I will also update your account so you can view the resources.

tobbe

Reaction score
Sounds like your current host has a very bad solution if they only support a few of the top domain extensions.
I'd recommend (and use those myself) namecheap.com for handling your domains and hostwinds.com for hosting.
Use the coupon OFF99NOW for 99% off for the first month on hosting, or OFF25NOW for 25% off on VPS.

alberto.dentis

Reaction score
You just need 2 different IPs for the DNS of the .de domains. Maybe this is the problem with your current hosting, but many hosting companies would offer you a solution to that problem.

Mikew

Reaction score
Sounds like your current host has a very bad solution if they only support a few of the top domain extensions.
I'd recommend (and use those myself) namecheap.com for handling your domains and hostwinds.com for hosting.
Use the coupon OFF99NOW for 99% off for the first month on hosting, or OFF25NOW for 25% off on VPS.

Contacted Hostwinds on chat and they told me they couldn't help with that, namecheap however, they seem affordable and that offer is great for a start.
I am leaning on them and I also have bluehost that could help. so I will decide between one of them I guess.
Thanks

AussieDave

24 years & still going!
Reaction score
Godaddy is great for purchasing domains BUT stay right away from their hosting, it's horrid and that's being kind. I'd also give GatorHost a BIG miss too. SiteGround are excellent for shared hosting but terrible for VPS and dedicated. If your interested in UK shared hosting, I'd highly recommend VidaHost.com, they are UK based and are one of the best there!

If however your criteria is cheap hosting, then I guess any place who oversells will do ;)

ARZ

Reaction score
I wonder why you want .cz and .de domains. .com is a better choice I think, coz it cannot be harmed with some local law issues in specifyed country, I think. If I am not right, I´ll be glad to hear it :) I am buying just .com domains and never had a single problem.

AussieDave

24 years & still going!
Reaction score
why you want .cz and .de domains. .com is a better choice

Before I sold it, I had onlineslots.co.nz, couldn't get .com without having to fork out a bundle of cash to the owner of it. Maybe the OP's chosen domain name isn't available in the com, net, org etc.

Mikew

Reaction score
I wonder why you want .cz and .de domains. .com is a better choice I think, coz it cannot be harmed with some local law issues in specifyed country, I think. If I am not right, I´ll be glad to hear it :) I am buying just .com domains and never had a single problem.

The name I picked could be available in .com I guess. But for both of them they are in the language of the country because I specifically want to target Czech rep and Germany and I believe it shows some kind of trust and will be easy to remember for my target markets when the extension is local and the site in their language.

In terms of SEO and ranking, I am not sure if the extension will help me be on the first page easily but I am more focus first on a brand name and easy to remember for players.

RyanWeb

Reaction score
Are you sure you asking the hosts about hosting only, and not trying to move the domain to them also? I know that many hosts who sell domains, don't offer every domain extension.. But you should be able to add the nameservers of your host to your domain and have no problem, no matter who you are hosting with. I have had websites hosted just about everywhere, and have never ran into this issue.

Just to be clear, your domain does not need to be with the same company who you are hosting your website with...

NDG

Reaction score
I believe this is the problem, Ryan. I recommended Host Gator in an earlier post, because
I've actually hosted domains with extensions for various countries without any problems.

AussieDave

24 years & still going!
Reaction score
Just to be clear, your domain does not need to be with the same company who you are hosting your website with...

I've had issues before with .au ext and hosting it offshore.
You'd think it wouldn't matter but some places just don't or can't host some TLD's. No idea why... didn't ask, wasn't told why.

RyanWeb

Reaction score
I've had issues before with .au ext and hosting it offshore.
You'd think it wouldn't matter but some places just don't or can't host some TLD's. No idea why... didn't ask, wasn't told why.

Still, with hostgator I would think you could.. That is what leads me this there is a miscommunication.

So I just talked to hostgator chat support:

11:22:46 AM
Ryan
I am looking to buy hosting for domains with a .de and .cz extension with hostgator, am I able to do that? I do not want to move the domains here, just update the nameservers and use hostgator as the host..
11:24:33 AM
Benjamin R
You can, that is actually what you would have to do I believe.
11:24:52 AM
Benjamin R
Not sure off the top of my head if .de TLDs are transferable, but if you don't want to transfer it, it doesn't matter.
11:25:26 AM
Ryan
Thank you.

RyanWeb

Reaction score
Are you sure you asking the hosts about hosting only, and not trying to move the domain to them also? I know that many hosts who sell domains, don't offer every domain extension.. But you should be able to add the nameservers of your host to your domain and have no problem, no matter who you are hosting with. I have had websites hosted just about everywhere, and have never ran into this issue.

So that said @Mikew , I think ^^ has been your issue.

(FYI not recommending you go with hostgator, IMO they are OK for a cheap host.. I'm just pointing out the most likely answer to your question)

AussieDave

24 years & still going!
Reaction score
Still, with hostgator I would think you could.

Not sure why you quoted me o_O, I never mentioned hostgator.

Though, I wouldn't touch HG with a barge pole. It's cheap (oversold) and restrictive like GoDaddy.

Try these places:
Edit: Got a SSD-3 at Knownhost, the FTB is 150m/sec and both WP sites fully load in under 800m/sec. Support tickets are answered within 5 min tops ;)

Last edited: