Sad Day for the GPWA Forums

DaftDog

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Frank

Reaction score
Yup.. I also got some message when I made a new thread about it... also deleted.. it's now the in thing just to spam post there and drop link Indian travel agency links and junk sites... the last 400 posts from the said spammer (im sure its the same one) all have the same context with a few words changed at the bottom... Various other members are also tired of the boards being filled up with worthless junk

AussieDave

24 years & still going!
Reaction score
Maybe they (GPWA) have some contra deal with said spammer(s)... Becuase, why would any legit forum continue to allow this crap to maintain its current status qou. Worse, justify the actions of a spammer(s) by stating they're thinking about locking down the protested thread commence by DaftDog (OP here too) o_O

baldidiot

Reaction score
Especially when it's a fairly tongue in cheek email taking the piss. I don't really see the harm.

That person is doing my nut in on the forums though. Thank &*%^ for the ignore button.

Shay

Reaction score
I'm boycotting GPWA for the month of October along with some others.

Frank

Reaction score
Something similar here happened a while back, Troll-Spammer... here they just ditched the bad apple, but GPWA are actually treating them like a legit member ... I mean it's serious amounts of useless posts not just a post style.. but pure spam.. cant wait to see who member of the month will be lol...

Frank

Reaction score
So this means the month of October will be full of human spam bots patting each other on the back and starting threads like "Hi GPWA Like Your Colours" Hope you have a great day "Repeat x 300"

Shay

Reaction score
So this means the month of October will be full of human spam bots patting each other on the back and starting threads like "Hi GPWA Like Your Colours" Hope you have a great day "Repeat x 300"

With moderators responding to them in such a way that tries to make it look less spammy and in hopes of stimulating further productive conversations.

DaftDog

Reaction score
I may decide to stay away a bit longer. My PM privileges have been revoked and my posts are subject to moderation before being published. Rick and I had a few exchanges via PM which I posted in the General Chatter forum (I know, naughty me). He very quickly deleted that and revoked my privileges. :)

gobo

Reaction score
Are you guys boycotting because of that thread or because of something else as well?

Frank

Reaction score
I may decide to stay away a bit longer. My PM privileges have been revoked and my posts are subject to moderation before being published. Rick and I had a few exchanges via PM which I posted in the General Chatter forum (I know, naughty me). He very quickly deleted that and revoked my privileges. :)

I also got a few Nazi like responses from him via pm also, looks like toilet posting is the new quality for GPWA... next they will be selling Fiver gigs

Shay

Reaction score
Are you guys boycotting because of that thread or because of something else as well?

I'm boycotting because I can't resist a good protest...

No, seriously - for quite some time, I've only believed the GPWA to be affiliate and member focused only when the "path of least resistance" requires them to do so. And even then, I can't help but feel they are doing so only to save face. They are supposed to be an association of gambling portal webmasters and I guess I just expect more from such an organization. With that in mind, the censoring and deleting of posts and locking of threads - while unrelated caused me to question my own "balance sheet" and caused me to ask whether I want to post supporting an organization that I do not believe supports me. After all, my posts and activity (along with every other post and all other activity) is what eventually drives sponsorship dollars. So in asking myself if it is worthwhile for me to post there, I guess the recent moderation and locking of threads tipped the magic 8 ball to suggest that it is not.

TheGooner

Reaction score
I was a fun thread (and accurate sentiment) and the response was rather PC and over-the-top.

I guess there was a potential "bullying aspect" to it, although the way the thread developed with all sorts of annoying samples being posted, I don't think that the target noticed.
I'm not sure the target was a spammer, just with English as a second language, and trying to join in. I "ignore" posters I don't like at GPWA anyway, so their messages are hidden.

I'm neither here-nor-there on it, as it it was a small thread, and not earth shattering importance.

---

EDIT :
I've just noticed WonderPunters note about Indian links - so obviously I misread the target of the original post ... I thought it was someone else entirely .. oops.
:rolleyes:

DaftDog

Reaction score
I was a fun thread (and accurate sentiment) and the response was rather PC and over-the-top.

I guess there was a potential "bullying aspect" to it, although the way the thread developed with all sorts of annoying samples being posted, I don't think that the target noticed.
I'm not sure the target was a spammer, just with English as a second language, and trying to join in. I "ignore" posters I don't like at GPWA anyway, so their messages are hidden.

I'm neither here-nor-there on it, as it it was a small thread, and not earth shattering importance.

---

EDIT :
I've just noticed WonderPunters note about Indian links - so obviously I misread the target of the original post ... I thought it was someone else entirely .. oops.
:rolleyes:
The main person I'm referring to has an avatar that shows a close up of a ladies eyes. ;)

AussieDave

24 years & still going!
Reaction score
No, seriously - for quite some time, I've only believed the GPWA to be affiliate and member focused only when the "path of least resistance" requires them to do so. And even then, I can't help but feel they are doing so only to save face. They are supposed to be an association of gambling portal webmasters and I guess I just expect more from such an organization. With that in mind, the censoring and deleting of posts and locking of threads - while unrelated caused me to question my own "balance sheet" and caused me to ask whether I want to post supporting an organization that I do not believe supports me. After all, my posts and activity (along with every other post and all other activity) is what eventually drives sponsorship dollars. So in asking myself if it is worthwhile for me to post there, I guess the recent moderation and locking of threads tipped the magic 8 ball to suggest that it is not.

I've banged on about this in the past, so what's one more time, right :D

The GPWA was founded (circa 2001) to give gambling affiliate's a voice. Sure it had sponsors BUT member's welfare was first and foremost. It didn't take long before programs knew if they stepped out of line, they'd be blacklisted. Back then affiliate's had a reasonably fair-playing-field, thanks to the efforts of the GPWA.

Here's a link to the Wayback Machine, when the GPWA was for their member's: https://web.archive.org/web/20020325041827/http://www.gpwa.net

Reiterating, it had teeth and power back then. Sometime around 2003/04 a slur campaign was launched against Cynthia Carley (Slycin head of the GPWA). Why did this take place? I have my thoughts, as I'm sure other who were around back then do too. I wont bang on about that here. Point is, when the dust settled, the GPWA was in a mess. So much so, it was sold, then sold later to Corfman (2007?).

Not too many affiliate's trusted him, or had faith that his intentions were legit. However opportunity arose to change all that, and he (IMHO) seized that chance.

A Private Member (from memory... his nick was Randy). Due to his USA location and the UIGEA (2006), he was on the brink of losing his home. So Michael dug into his wallet and gave Randy US$5,000 I believe. That act of kindness, pretty much overnight gave Corfman the seal of approval he'd be desperately seeking.

I've always been outspoken, so too were a few other private members at the GPWA. We feared with Corfman at the helm, affiliate's best interests would deteriorate, to the point, where WE (all affiliate's) were at the mercy of programs they partnered with, with little to no support from the GPWA. Hence, our little group was always trying to hold everyone accountable.

But clearly our actions were the thorn in not only Corfman's side, but other's too. Slowly but surely, our outspoken group was picked off 1 by 1. To the point where I had my GPWA Private membership stripped and I was unceremoniously kicked by a Kangaroo court of Corfman's design.

Point is, once the GPWA fell into Corfman's hands the welfare of gambling affiliate's were doomed. Ironically he changed it from a .net to a .org, citing it was better suited to an organization. Yet the place is operated as a commercial business 1'st and foremost :rolleyes: to this day.

There was also a time when Corfman seemed interested in established a centralized affiliate forum alliance. And, subsequently set out to make that a reality. While it seemed to take off, it eventually fell flat on its face.

Here the link to that place: hxxp://affiliateforumalliance.com (catch cry - where affiliates come first... lol). Frankly, all this seemed to add up to one thing... smoke, mirror's, promising X but pissing in people's pockets, with the ultimate goal of using affiliate's to make cash.

The way I see it, Corfman's long term plan was to gain a monopoly of the gambling affiliate industry, and its affiliate's were the cannon fodder.

I agree with Shay, it is truly a "Sad Day for the GPWA Forums".

However in retrospect, this day has been coming for years. I've been banging on about it for years.

The GPWA in its current format, has little to no Duty of Care, and does little to nothing to ensure its member's welfare is placed 1'st and foremost. Gambling Affiliate's certainly DO NOT COME FIRST with Corfman at the helm.

EDIT:

Point in question... The GPWA took the side of Condor Affiliate's, without an scrap of proof, they allowed Condor to treat a member with not only contempt, but allowed them to not pay this affiliate EU$4.5K in earnings. Currently that money is now held in Escrow by the GPWA (aka Corfman).

Last edited:

DaftDog

Reaction score
I received a friendly pm from Anthony explaining their stance on why such threads are closed, not much different to the explanation given by Rick when he closed the thread and in his pm to me too.

I can't respond to Anthony's pm as my pm privileges are still revoked. If Rick thinks I'm going to ask him to restore my privileges he can forget about it.

AussieDave

24 years & still going!
Reaction score
I can't respond to Anthony's pm as my pm privileges are still revoked.

That's their Modus Operandi over there. Revoke PM's and place post's on moderation... Happened to me when Corfman wanted me out!

If Rick thinks I'm going to ask him to restore my privileges he can forget about it.

IDK what's happen to Rick. He used to be a a fairly cruisy guy. Has the power gone to his head???!!!

AussieDave

24 years & still going!
Reaction score
The person in question, does their GPWA nick start with a V?

I think the objective by this person is to obtain a link in the top posters for Sept 2016, so he/she gets a link. Maybe even trying for the TOP poster, who gets a link on the GPWA home page for a month.

Problem is, how she/he is going about achieving this, is by basically spamming the board.

Others make it to that list etc, from actually posting constructive, helpful and meaningful posts - not useless dribble.

Last edited:

Frank

Reaction score
Yes it is the member with the nick starting with V, I also received an apologetic email from Anthony, alienating a group of real members that add value in favor of a obvious spammer is not good for business