24 years & still going!
Reaction score
A new player this month:
  • Made one (1) purchase of $100AUD
  • $100 bonus added to $100 deposit = $200
  • Player lost
  • GGR $200
  • $100 bonus deducted from GGR = $100 NGR
However the stats show NGR as $194.00 - how is that possible?

TheGooner

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
New affiliate program? They won't last long with accounting like that!
;-)

However it could also be because they do their accounting a different way - storing the $100 as a bonus charge - which comes of the NGR before calculating affiliate share - so you will really be getting a share of $94 net win.

The 6% deduction could be a deposit charge, or some sort of generic licence fee that they pay ...

Jason May

Reaction score
Hi, to me NGR should obviously be net of bonuses so given your facts NGR should be $100. Why bother using the word "net" if its not net of anything, right?

My best guess would be that they are not paying you revenue share on the $194 NGR and must be deducting the bonus from an additional line item somewhere. Forgive me if I am wrong, but didn't the old GoWild Affiliate software show NGR inclusive of the bonus then deduct the bonus from another line item? I think they did.

AussieDave

24 years & still going!
Reaction score
It's Buffalo Partners...I've just checked it again, in case, as KK suggested, it's an update issue. But nothing has changed.

Granted it's $94 in my favour.

The bonus lost squares it back to $100 deposited. Hence NGR should be $100 and not $194.

TheGooner

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
I think we (affiliates) all know what it SHOULD be ... we're just trying to square away the screwy accounting.

The bonus SHOULD be already accounted for in the BP system (unless it's a manual thing?) ....
So - the only other thing I can think of is that the player had a carryover balance coming into this month - perhaps a deposit on the 31st July? - and that's how he's managed to lose $194.

AussieDave

24 years & still going!
Reaction score
I think we (affiliates) all know what it SHOULD be ... we're just trying to square away the screwy accounting.

You hit the nail on the head there!

the only other thing I can think of is that the player had a carryover balance coming into this month - perhaps a deposit on the 31st July? - and that's how he's managed to lose $194.

That's what I thought too BUT it's a brand new player, who signed up this month (August 2015).

Granted it's only $94 but it highlights their "screwy accounting". Which bothers me because who knows how they're working out commission.

Last edited: