Hosting Problem

edgarf76

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, my website looses connection when I update the pages and posts. I have not had this problem and the traffic is not higher than usual. I have called my hosting company but am not getting anywhere. Can anyone help me out with this?

AussieDave

24 years & still going!
Reaction score
FYI when seeking such help, it helps those trying to give it, if we are supplied the following:
  • Type of hosting (shared, VPS, dedicated - setup specs etc)
  • Website platform - EG Wordpress etc.
  • If WP (which I'm guessing this is), plugins used etc.
However my guess on the no-info-given, could be a ram issue. That is for whatever reason, the php script is timing out, because there's not enough ram allocated to the php command. You can increase the ram allocation via htaccess. Though, no point me adding that info, until you supply a more detailed description. It's probably why your hosting company is not being very helpful. It's akin to looking for a needle in a haystack while blindfolded ;)

AussieDave

24 years & still going!
Reaction score
I'm heading to bed so I will leave this stuff here for you. Give it a try and see if that sorts the issue out.
  1. Open your wp-config.php file (located in the root of WP);
  2. You'll see the following code, add define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M'), add it exactly as I've shown you below... This increases your mem limit to 128meg, which should be more than enough to fix time out issues etc.
Code:
<?php
/**
 * The base configuration for WordPress
 * The wp-config.php creation script uses this file during the
 * installation. You don't have to use the web site, you can
 * copy this file to "wp-config.php" and fill in the values.
 * This file contains the following configurations:
 * * MySQL settings
 * * Secret keys
 * * Database table prefix
 * * ABSPATH
 * @link https://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php
 * @package WordPress
 */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M');

Last edited:

bobby sand

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
Have you updated your Wordpress platform as well as all of the plugins that you have? This often fixes common issues like this, or the other option is to possibly de-activate each plugin installed until it starts to work again..