HELP: Flash on page?

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I know I have recently changed machines (well, virtual machines) due to some corruption of the OS.. however, every time I go to a thread I get a popup asking me to install the flash plugin.

The problem with this is that I can't find where it is required. Can anyone see where it might be from the source, because I can't :(

thanks.

Andy

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
Happens in Firefox. I did end up installing, was just curious what was triggering it.

AussieDave

24 years & still going!
Reaction score
I access the site from the home page. and I use FireFox 31.0 (was happening with previous versions back to FF v 27.0).

It's a random occurance but when it happens, everything on the home page freezes up. Probably 30 sec later I get a grey window box apprearing, asking, if I want to continue waiting for Shockwave Flash to load or if I'd like to cancel it. Shockwave isn't your basic flash object btw.

Something on the page or something being referenced from another URL is causing this issue.

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
I ñoticed that it happened on the xenForo website , so figured since the same basic theme - it's not a big issue.

AussieDave

24 years & still going!
Reaction score

Probably nothing but my eagle eyes just spotted the tilder above that "n".
It's not present in any other "n's" in your text.

First guess, what keyboard layout are you using. Though if that was wrong, the rest of your n's and so forth (where appropriate), would also have tilders.

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
I am on my tablet now, it did that somehow :( I'm not usually using this, though. Just out of town today and yesterday.

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
Nope. This forum will work natively in a browser on an iPad. It is a responsive design template.

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
no, it is not on there. We would have to pay to have AGD on Tapatalk. I did not do that because I think apps are not really the way of the future with forums... I think RWD (responsive templates) are.

So - No to Tapatalk :) And Yes to browser on iPad and any other tablet