E-wallet with no Prepaid Credit Card?

Tals

Reaction score
Hi guys

I work with several e-wallets but I would like to work with e-wallet that offers credit card but no prepaid ones.

Do you know maybe if there is something like this?

Thanks!

AussieDave

24 years & still going!
Reaction score
AFAIK no web wallet offers a credit card. Probably because web-wallets are NOT banks ;)

AussieDave

24 years & still going!
Reaction score
The closest you would get to that is paypal.

Does PayPal have a Credit Card?
I thought they only issued a debit (aka pre-paid) MC or Visa...

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
Does PayPal have a Credit Card?
I thought they only issued a debit (aka pre-paid) MC or Visa...

I have a Paypal Visa. All funds come direct from my Paypal account. Not sure if that helps... I think only Business accounts can have one, though.

About 5 years ago they had an auto-generation system for 1-time or specific period cards (i.e., you generate a Visa card # and can use it for 1 time.. or 1 week or 1 month, etc). That is defunct now, though.

AussieDave

24 years & still going!
Reaction score
no prepaid ones.

Wrong terminology...
A prepaid Visa/MC is a card already loaded with money. You'd buy these at say the post office, convienant stores etc etc. Thety come pre-loaded with $20, $50, $100 etc etc.

I have a Paypal Visa. All funds come direct from my Paypal account.

Web-wallets such as PayPal, Neteller, Skrill etc etc only issue Debit Visa/Mastercard. This is not a credit card.

As AGD explains...his Paypal Visa draws down funds directly from his Paypal account balance.

I would like to work with e-wallet that offers credit card

No web-wallet has credit cards. They only issue debit Visa/Mastercards.

These can be used where ever the Visa/Mastcard logos are displayed BUT they are not credit cards ;)

pdjoe

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
From my Paypal biz account...may help.

Get 6 months to pay on purchases of $99+ when you check out with PayPal and choose PayPal Credit.

Apply now and get a decision in seconds.
Subject to credit approval. See terms below.

Interest will be charged to your account from the posting date (which is usually within a few days of the purchase date) if the purchase balance is not paid in full within the promotional period.

RyanWeb

Reaction score
From my Paypal biz account...may help.

Get 6 months to pay on purchases of $99+ when you check out with PayPal and choose PayPal Credit.

Apply now and get a decision in seconds.
Subject to credit approval. See terms below.

Interest will be charged to your account from the posting date (which is usually within a few days of the purchase date) if the purchase balance is not paid in full within the promotional period.
Yes the PayPal CC is provided by Comenity Capital Bank... I feel like everyones ignoring me ;)

AussieDave

24 years & still going!
Reaction score
Yes the PayPal CC is provided by Comenity Capital Bank

Why would you want a Credit Card issued by PayPal? Surely the interest rates would be higher than banks. I just don't see the point :confused:

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
Nope, that is lower than many banks.

RyanWeb

Reaction score
Why would you want a Credit Card issued by PayPal? Surely the interest rates would be higher than banks. I just don't see the point :confused:
I don't see the point in using any credit card ;) I keep my money in savings and barrow from myself when I need something. However a super long time ago I had some really bad credit issues (when i did use credit cards) so I just have a few now so I could get my credit up for a mortgage. Other then to play a little of the FICO game, and only for a home loan.. I don't use credit cards at all.

While 19.99% is a lot, PayPal is a good company in regards to all their services (IMO better CS then most banks I have dealt with) and their APR is not as bad as other places.

AussieDave

24 years & still going!
Reaction score
I don't use credit cards at all.

Like yourself, in my 20's got in big debt with a credit card. Vowed never to have one again.
Since then if I couldn't afford it, I didn't buy it. Aside from the mortage, I don't accept credit even today.

I use Debit Visa/Mastercards attached to my bank accounts. I have a pretty good lifestyle these days and best of all no credit worries :)