Bitcoin

RyanWeb

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
It takes a while, hours. You don't have to use an exchange to exchange it, you can use shapeshift.io or changelly.com (I've only used shapeshift). They instantly and directly exchange coins, no sign up required.

Frank

Reaction score
I'm actually going to hold and see what happens.. it's all free risk money anyhow...

PROFRBcom

Rakeback affiliate and professional poker player.
Reaction score
LOL I sold 100+ coins at $600, Then sold more at $1800 and a few in the mid 2s.. Have no bitcoin at all right now and kicking myself

I sold most of mine when they were around $400. Damn shame !!

Don't beat yourselves up. Bitcoin is a wildly volatile new age thing. No one knows what it is going to do. If you've made outsized returns on an investment, it is wise to take some profits and have something to show for it. Yes, bitcoin is flying high now, but imagine what would happen if the US government or the Chinese government would come out tomorrow and say that bitcoin is illegal and they want to shut it down. Sure, they probably couldn't, but they could make it very difficult for users within their borders and they could instantly sour the public on bitcoin. The price would crash, and crash hard. I don't think that's highly likely, I'm just using it as an example. Taking profits is OK!

My BCH is still unconfirmed. How long did it take yours to confirm?

It's my understanding that many exchanges are waiting for 20 confirmations. And confirmations are slower on the bitcoin cash network because of less hashing power/miners.

RyanWeb

Reaction score
I'm actually going to hold and see what happens.. it's all free risk money anyhow...

I thought about keeping mine, but what Bitcoin has going for it is the trust factor. Its known for being proven, stable and its the only household name. I figure Bitcoin Cash (while currently going up a little) will go down in the future, and I can rebuy then if it works out its current problems.

The Number 2 coin I would hold before BCH is ETH. A lot of it comes down to trust and functionally. BCH currently has no real world use. Just my 2bits :)

slotplayer

Reaction score
Mine still displayed unconfirmed in the status bar and had a low fee warning/icon but also had the green check-mark.
When I selected a different server the unconfirmed and low fee warning went away.

RyanWeb

Reaction score
Are you using Electron bch?

The directions I read set double check the server, yes, or it could be on the wrong chain... Nothing bad happens if its on the wrong chain I guess, it just doesn't work. The server should be one with bch or bcc or something similar.

slotplayer

Reaction score
Are you using Electron bch?

The directions I read set double check the server, yes, or it could be on the wrong chain... Nothing bad happens if its on the wrong chain I guess, it just doesn't work. The server should be one with bch or bcc or something similar.

yes, Electron bch 2.9.2.

PROFRBcom

Reaction score
FYI, for those who held bitcoin and bitcoin cash through the split, the adjusted price of both combined is approximately $4,100! Yup, it blew through the 4k price ceiling pretty damned fast after breaching 3k.

LandofOz

Reaction score
Unbelievable!! It's going up at an insane pace. At this rate, it might even go over 5K before the end of the year.

RyanWeb

Reaction score
I agree, 5k by the end of the month, or at least $4,800 or around. The 5k target was the news, so people may try to short it with a little resistance, but once we pass 5k, the next psychological target is 10 k.

I would say at the current rate, we could see 10k by the end of the year. Its comparable to a snowball, or something going viral. Once FOMO fully sets in (its starting to), it could really rocket.

That said, I feel like the current price is to high for me personally to invest more into, as anything can happen either way. But so far we have been looking good.

slotplayer

Reaction score
I'm not too happy with Coinbase, any recommendations on something better? How is Kraken? Poloniex?
I noticed coinbase suspends Etherum trading when there is any type of volume movement.

PROFRBcom

Reaction score
I'm not too happy with Coinbase, any recommendations on something better? How is Kraken? Poloniex?
I noticed coinbase suspends Etherum trading when there is any type of volume movement.

They suspend all types of trading when volume is high. This is a very common complaint for Coinbase.

I am holding the majority of my coins, with no intention of selling anytime soon.

Normally I'd heavily advise against this, but it looks like you have a number of sites with a diverse stream of income. I presume bitcoin is not large portion of your net worth (though perhaps a much larger proportion than it once was!) and it's probably safe to hold fast for speculative purposes.

With regard to the high and rising prices, a number of analysts have come out lately, including Goldman Sachs, and stated bitcoin prices are expected to hit $4,800+, or $7,500 this year. No one really knows what will happen, but that is encouraging for holders I suppose.

LandofOz

Reaction score

There are a lot of complaints about Poloniex on bitcointalk.org