Big Poker Sites....are they good to promote?

Corgi

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
I am wondering whether the large poker sites like Full Tilt, Party Poker and the like are good to promote? I don't see them listed at all on the reviews and wanted to make sure I am promoting good brands that take care of their affiliates.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

GFPC

BWIN IS ROGUE
Reaction score
What not to promote?

Party Poker - merged with Bwin -- GPWA issue with an affiliate - possible snatching 300K from his account.

Poker Stars (arrogant and pays little - doesn't care about affiliates, pays late)

Full TILT (Full Shit) - destroy you in deductions - 60 day rule.(somewhat PREDATORY)

BWIN -- I know I am - because I fear losing my players and having account closes. (PREDATORY)

The rest is a crap shoot - but there are good ones!

Bill

Reaction score
**** snip ****

You can't post links here man.

Guard Dog

Guard Dog
Staff member
Reaction score
Bill. Link posts are not allowed at AGD. If you wish to post here at AGD, that would be awesome and we would love to have you... but link posting is worthless to our community.

lots0

Reaction score
Doyle's Room

I have some history with them.

I was one of the first affs for them.

I got pissed off at an AM(no longer employed at Doyle's) And blacklisted them a couple of years ago.

I just recently reviewed them again and was very surprised (in a good way) about them. I pulled the blacklisting.

I won't go far as to give them a full recommend, but I would suggest you might want to check them out.

Jaz

Reaction score
The problem with big poker rooms is that they spend a lot of money on marketing so they find affiliates to be more of an annoyance. Also a lot of players are already signed up there, however the ones who haven't will generally convert better over smaller, less known poker rooms.

Smaller poker rooms are generally more appreciative towards affiliates and contrary to the bigger poker rooms, most of your visitors are probably not already signed up at these.

If you are making a review site, then you'll want to have a good mix of both big and small poker rooms, so your site will look somewhat unbiased.

However if you are thinking which poker room to promote with a banner, choose the poker room with the most converting banner (yes, you need to test to see which banner converts the most for your particular site).