1440+ Bitcoin confirmations and rising ???

LandofOz

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
I received a Bitcoin payment several hours ago, but it hasn't arrived yet.

When I typed the Bitcoin address into blockexplorer.com it showed 1441 confirmations and still climbing, with each confirmation costing me a fee.

What is this nonsense?

Last edited:

LandofOz

Reaction score
I've just realized that I've used the same Bitcoin address to receive a few other payments which might explain the high number of confirmations, but to receive an SMS from blockchain.info that I've received a payment of X BTC and not see it reflected in my wallet balance is strange. The transaction is also recorded as having been received in my account history, but the money is not there. I've emailed support and am not expecting a reply anytime soon. Has anyone had a similar experience?

Last edited:

abc

Reaction score
Ive been having some issues with blockchain too.. Mostly not getting notifications when i receive bitcoin.. They used to send me an email and sms everytime a transaction went thru, Ive tried deleting and resetting my email, and changing settings to receiving notifications, but nothing..

LandofOz

Reaction score
I finally received the money almost 24 hours after receiving notification that it arrived. Thank God !!

According to bitcointalk.org , "Blockchain.info's web wallet is considered a poorly written wallet" so I am looking for a more reliable web wallet to use. I'm not sure if there is one :) All the BIG web wallets have their own horror stories.

RyanWeb

Reaction score
You can use your own wallet hosted on your PC. I use electrum. There is always a risk using a "web wallet" as if they close down, or steal your money you're screwed.

It may take a little more responsibility to host your own wallet, but I trust myself more than any online wallet or exchange. Plus there is a backup / restore seed should anything happen to your PC it's super easy to restore.

TheGooner

Reaction score
You can use your own wallet hosted on your PC. I use electrum. There is always a risk using a "web wallet" as if they close down, or steal your money you're screwed..
Agreed. I use Electrum too. Recommended wallet.

Another good wallet that stores multiple tokens (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Dash and others.) is Exodus.
Check out Exodus.io

RyanWeb

Reaction score
I use Exodus also, really nice GUI, and simple to use. I wasn't sure about it at first because its not fully open source, but I have a good amount of coin building up in it now and have a good amount of trust in the software.

Brryas

Reaction score
I prefer to use Electrum too, I just don't trust web wallets